1/6 Hot Toys - BvS: Dawn of Justice - Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm definitely in for one depending on the price of course. This stock cape is just awful!

Finally got the cape to sit how I like. For anyone else wanting to make their own, the material I found was called leatherette and it was in a regular material shop. It could be available on eBay. I got the thinnest I possibly could. Hope that helps everyone.

For those who have tried them, which of the mods to clear the chest emblem from the cowl is the best?

not sure which method is best, i think there was a couple diff batches via HT's and the tip of cowl differs slightly. some i see its bent up abit and not as long. on others including mine is flat to chest and seems abit longer. it is more movie accurate with it flat down but negative is also is closer to top of symbol. not sure stuffing chest would even help on mine and i dont really want to pull it down and glue the suit. so took head off and futzed suit far down as i could(pushed it up the back and pulled down on front above left and right tip of wings), looks fine but moment i start posing the suit will ride up to cowl so gotta futz it lots.

would like to clip off the tip of it but scared to do so, worried it may look odd cut. works bending/folding it up on itself but not sure i want to leave it like that.

For those who have tried them, which of the mods to clear the chest emblem from the cowl is the best?

Some of us have used the cotton ball method -- it slightly adds to the mass of the chest while creating a gap between the top of the bat symbol and bottom tip of the cowl. Just pop off the head, and stuff a small cotton ball inside the suit in the chest area. The best part is that this is not permanent, and can be altered or removed if not to your liking.

Finally got the cape to sit how I like. For anyone else wanting to make their own, the material I found was called leatherette and it was in a regular material shop. It could be available on eBay. I got the thinnest I possibly could. Hope that helps everyone.

This looks great!! What was your process for cutting the cape?

not sure which method is best, i think there was a couple diff batches via HT's and the tip of cowl differs slightly. some i see its bent up abit and not as long. on others including mine is flat to chest and seems abit longer. it is more movie accurate with it flat down but negative is also is closer to top of symbol. not sure stuffing chest would even help on mine and i dont really want to pull it down and glue the suit. so took head off and futzed suit far down as i could(pushed it up the back and pulled down on front above left and right tip of wings), looks fine but moment i start posing the suit will ride up to cowl so gotta futz it lots.

would like to clip off the tip of it but scared to do so, worried it may look odd cut. works bending/folding it up on itself but not sure i want to leave it like that.

Yeah, i'm worried about the gluing trick.

Some of us have used the cotton ball method -- it slightly adds to the mass of the chest while creating a gap between the top of the bat symbol and bottom tip of the cowl. Just pop off the head, and stuff a small cotton ball inside the suit in the chest area. The best part is that this is not permanent, and can be altered or removed if not to your liking.

This looks great!! What was your process for cutting the cape?

Might give the cotton bales trick a try :) I saw that Tony had used some kind of tape and put it on the chest. I just wonder if that wouldn't make his chest look too big, almost manboob like :lol

I clipped about 1/8 inch off of mine. I don't think it looks weird or bad at all. Quite happy with it and took me about 5 seconds.

IMG_2006.jpg

I can tell you guys that this figure is very hard to get at good prices in Hong Kong at the moment. Prices range from 300 to 350 US dollars. Cheaper to buy in my own country. One of the shop owners said he's very hot at the moment (no pun intended) . Asked Toy Hunters how much they sold him for at release... Just under 200 US dollars.

On the flip side, both armoured Batman's are freely available. Cost starts from about 220 US dollars.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

Back