1/6 Hot Toys - BvS: Dawn of Justice - Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome! I had seen the potential use of magnets mentioned before but never actually seen anybody do it. If it's not too much bother please keep us updated on the progress and links to any of the magnets you end up using would also be useful. I finally tracked down a BvS Batman and as long as that sell goes through I'll be doing this same thing to mine.

I bought a bigger dimension magnet for the base, it's 15mm x 3mm if anyone would like to try.

And it is much better, as the bigger the magnet the stronger it is to attract the weaker magnet on the cowl.

As there are foam padding already in the suit, you don't have to worry about damaging it.

Cowl Mod.jpg

I used neodymium magnet, will be ordering bigger ones to be used in the body as the current ones I have are quite small.

View attachment 486979

So did you just insert that material with the 3 magnets between the chest/body and the outer suit ?

Yes I guess it would need to be pretty strong. I think I had some with 3kg force. Do you know how much force yours have, or the new ones ordered ?

So did you just insert that material with the 3 magnets between the chest/body and the outer suit ?

Yes I guess it would need to be pretty strong. I think I had some with 3kg force. Do you know how much force yours have, or the new ones ordered ?

I figured if I just insert one on the inside, it will slide around freely so I don't have to have it fixed.

The magnet is Grade N35, so it's quite strong beneath 2 layers of fabric.

Thank you for all the info, trying to find this all on Amazon right now. What is the size of the magnet on the cowl?

Sweet thanks for the info. Going to order one right now so it's ready when the figure gets here.

cdaa71beeadf8f5441d75c9b7c1446a4.jpg

So the knock off of the eleven headsculpt came in today. The sculpt looks better in person than this pic. The cowlnpeice though was tooo small so I had to cut it in half. Overall for the cheap price I paid and the slow ass shipping, not bad. Wish the cowl piece worked as intended.

cdaa71beeadf8f5441d75c9b7c1446a4.jpg

So the knock off of the eleven headsculpt came in today. The sculpt looks better in person than this pic. The cowlnpeice though was tooo small so I had to cut it in half. Overall for the cheap price I paid and the slow ass shipping, not bad. Wish the cowl piece worked as intended.

Ah, damn! I wish I'd though to share this earlier but I'd forgotten it until I saw you post:

The neck plate for mine didn't quite fit either. So I heated it up with a blow dryer to soften it and I was able to slip the head onto it pretty easily. That's your basic fix for any such situation with the plastic parts being stubborn for 1/6 figures. I did it also for a slightly misshapen helmet for Asmus' Gimli. Just softened it with heat and held it in a clamp until it cooled off. I think I did it maybe 2-3 times to ensure keeping the new shape permanently. Perfectly shaped now.

As for likeness it's not as bad a miss as JL WW. But the HT face is too youthful and the chin isn't prominent enough. Ben Affleck has a longer face, a longer chin.

Anyway, when I compare that knock-off with the HT Batfleck HS for JL Batman, I actually like the knock-off better. To my eye looks more like Affleck in BvS. The HT one feels like they started with a Tom Holland HS or something.

That knock-off looks just like the one I see featured in the Keyboard Warriors comparison video I posted a while back. Not sure, but I doubt it's a knock-off of the Eleven... maybe the seller got a hold of some Elevens at cost? Anyway, if it's a knock-off of the Eleven (i.e., knock-off of a knock-off) maybe the actual Eleven one looks even better. But I'm very happy with the one I have (and for $25, although I'd pay more for even better).

Not that big a deal because I don't display the figure with the un-cowled head very often. It's just nice to change up the figure display every now and then.

Attachments

• IMG_0366 (2).jpg
    IMG_0366 (2).jpg
    276.7 KB · Views: 141
Back