1/6 Hot Toys - BvS: Dawn of Justice - Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All this talk of Bruce combined with how much the film has grown on me makes me want more figures. If HT don't make more, DC Collectibles will.

Also true. However, while I seem to observe this behavior being more prevalent on the Marvel side, in all fairness, there are a lot of DC fans also who are homers for DC just as much and disparage anything Marvel does just simply out of spite. Which is fine, nothing wrong with preferring one over the other.

Personally for me, I don't think it's a case that CW needs to be denigrated in the same way that BvS unfairly was; CW is a great film in my opinion and does deserve the praise. I think it's more a case that BvS should be lauded in the same way CW is because I think it was equally just as great of a film.

Both should be praised, not bashed.

Haha, I was just being a little mischievous there... suprised you were the only one to bite to be honest! :lol

I'm torn between knightmare and regular, so I might have to grab both...if we get that option.

I would love both... and armoured Batman. However I can't justify the spend, and want Superman and Wonder Woman too.
So it's regular Batman only for me... for now.

I'm not sure how a misunderstand this...

. They brought it in the past so the first thing you see is Bruce Wayne with Gray in his temples. First thing, you don't want to see Bruce Wayne with gray in his temples. I can have gray in my temples cuz I've earned it, but he is supposed to be 29 years old. so suddenly we don't know how old he is.

Actually re-reading that, I think what he means is that Batman is meant to be about 29yrs old – not specifically in the movie, but in comic terms that's the sort of age he's supposed to be.
That said, I don't agree with that either – he'd need to be in his mid-thirties at least to have the history of Robins alone.

Haha, I was just being a little mischievous there... suprised you were the only one to bite to be honest! :lol

I figured that you were. :lol

However, I was being truthful in that there does seem to be a bit more biased Marvel fans than DC fans. At least from what I've personally observed.

Actually re-reading that, I think what he means is that Batman is meant to be about 29yrs old – not specifically in the movie, but in comic terms that's the sort of age he's supposed to be.
That said, I don't agree with that either – he'd need to be in his mid-thirties at least to have the history of Robins alone.

I tried looking at it that way...but it doesn't work. He's answering a question about what he did or didn't like from BvS. And even brought up frank millers source material. Saying they tried to adopt that and then said it didn't work because of the age thing. In the comic batman is not 29. He's not 29 in the movie. The only way that works if he's 29 in his own head and then that's a crap explanation that has nothing to do with any perceived issue with BvS.

He said BvS didn't work because in the source batman was in the future and older and in BvS he wasn't and it was modern(or contemporary with mos). It's just wrong, and the rest of what he said includes no info you could st get from trailers. He doesn't bring up anything that indicates he actually saw the film and his complaints are flat wrong. It's not a opinion thing. It's pretty clear batman isn't 29. He's not 29 in the source he brought up. And using grey hair as any indicator of a problem was silly.

Nice try dude, but I'm not the one getting personal.
I make specific points about plots and characters and get called names by people like you who find it easier than come up with an actual answer.
Please note that your post does not address the movies or the figures, instead you decided to come after me.
See how that works?
:moon:moon:moon
Tourist, I never called you a name or added little mooning emojis. You just seem to get very defensive about DC's current movies. Do you really believe so many fans and critics just don't understand this film? I have stated in past posts why I was disappointed with it. I don't enjoy a dour, depressed Superman. I don't want to see a Superman beat down by life. The Kents are pessimistic and pa Kent suggests that Clark let people die to keep his secret. Ma Kent feels that with great power comes no extra responsibility. I don't like that Superman is willing to kill regular humans when he doesn't have to. Batman is not a great detective and goes from almost killing Superman to being super friends because their mom's have the same name? It's like two kids having a fight on the playground. Wonder Woman tried her best to turn her back on humanity until she just up and changes her mind when boarding a plane. Why then? Why does Lex hate Superman? It's not like Superman was trying to interfere or ruin some grand plan or endgame. He just hates him because he has to for the plot. Gotham and Metropolis are right next to each other but Batman and Superman have never interacted in the last two years? There are lots of other problems I have with this movie but no matter what I think of it I don't start getting all up in the in arms and question someone's comprehension skills if they do like it.

Tourist, I never called you a name or added little mooning emojis. You just seem to get very defensive about DC's current movies. Do you really believe so many fans and critics just don't understand this film? I have stated in past posts why I was disappointed with it. I don't enjoy a dour, depressed Superman. I don't want to see a Superman beat down by life. The Kents are pessimistic and pa Kent suggests that Clark let people die to keep his secret. Ma Kent feels that with great power comes no extra responsibility. I don't like that Superman is willing to kill regular humans when he doesn't have to. Batman is not a great detective and goes from almost killing Superman to being super friends because their mom's have the same name? It's like two kids having a fight on the playground. Wonder Woman tried her best to turn her back on humanity until she just up and changes her mind when boarding a plane. Why then? Why does Lex hate Superman? It's not like Superman was trying to interfere or ruin some grand plan or endgame. He just hates him because he has to for the plot. Gotham and Metropolis are right next to each other but Batman and Superman have never interacted in the last two years? There are lots of other problems I have with this movie but no matter what I think of it I don't start getting all up in the in arms and question someone's comprehension skills if they do like it.

You came after me specifically without actually making a point about the figures or the movies.
That's what I answered.
After that your opinions are none of my concern.

While I respect your opinion, I have to say that I don't agree with your assessment of the film, this version of Superman and the Kents, and that each of your points can easily be refuted.

I don't see the point in doing nor needing to do so though at this point because I think everything that refutes it has already been stated multiple times and expounded on in various BvS and MoS threads on here. As inane as I think some of those reasons are frankly, people have their reasons for disliking it while others have their reasons for liking it. Neither side needs to be pummeled with vituperative attacks for their opinion.

Some people are extremely myopic and fabricate a world for themselves where in their mind, their opinion is always the right one and/or is "fact", and if anyone else doesn't agree with them, then they are wrong. They don't care to consider nor understand any other point of view. When these same people have to resort to personal attacks in their discussions, it generally shows that they don't otherwise feel like they would have the "upper hand" in a discussion if they didn't throw in an insult or two. It gives them a sense of feeling like they are in "control".

This is false..

He was trying to tell Clark, who doesn't understand why he is different, that he had to be careful in a way a 13 year old boy would understand. He couldn't just say Clark if people see you doing this the government will take you from us because your a freak alien from another world. The Kent's could not protect him from the government, and he was too young to protect himself. IF the world found out at that time He would been taken away or ended up freaking out and killing all the agents that try take him, and if they got him who knows what they would have turned him into.

MA KENT LOVES HER SON AND DOESN'T WANT TO SEE HIM SUFFER, IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH RESPONSIBILITY. SPIDERMAN WASN'T BEING PERSECUTED LIKE KAL EL IS IN MAN OF STEEL or BVS (Sorry about caps hit the button on my phone & didn't want to retype)

Here is the actual script of that scene

Clark Kent at 13: I just wanted to help.
Jonathan Kent: I know you did, but we talked about this. Right? Right? We talked about this! You have...!
[calms himself]
Jonathan Kent: Clark, you have to keep this side of yourself a secret.
Clark Kent at 13: What was I supposed to do? Just let them die?
Jonathan Kent: Maybe; but there's more at stake here than our lives or the lives of those around us. When the world... When the world finds out what you can do, it's gonna change everything; our... our beliefs, our notions of what it means to be human... everything. You saw how Pete's mom reacted, right? She was scared, Clark.
Clark Kent at 13: Why?
Jonathan Kent: People are afraid of what they don't understand.
Clark Kent at 13: Is she right? Did God do this to me? Tell me!

This is false..

He was trying to tell Clark, who doesn't understand why he is different, that he had to be careful in a way a 13 year old boy would understand. He couldn't come out an say Clark if people see you doing this the government will take you from us because your a freak alien from another world.

Why not? 10 year old Elliot in E.T. knew that's exactly what the government would do without anyone even needing to explain it to him.

This is false..

He was trying to tell Clark, who doesn't understand why he is different, that he had to be careful in a way a 13 year old boy would understand. He couldn't just say Clark if people see you doing this the government will take you from us because your a freak alien from another world. The Kent's could not protect him from the government, and he was too young to protect himself. IF the world found out at that time He would been taken away or ended up freaking out and killing all the agents that try take him, and if they got him who knows what they would have turned him into.

MA KENT LOVES HER SON AND DOESN'T WANT TO SEE HIM SUFFER, IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH RESPONSIBILITY. SPIDERMAN WASN'T BEING PERSECUTED LIKE KAL EL IS IN MAN OF STEEL or BVS (Sorry about caps hit the button on my phone & didn't want to retype)

Jonathan Kent: I know you did, but we talked about this. Right? Right? We talked about this! You have...!
[calms himself]
Jonathan Kent: Maybe; but there's more at stake here than our lives or the lives of those around us. When the world... When the world finds out what you can do, it's gonna change everything; our... our beliefs, our notions of what it means to be human... everything. You saw how Pete's mom reacted, right? She was scared, Clark.

Also Clark didn't know he was from another planet at that time.. Johnathan showed him the ship right after that conversation

:goodpost:

This is false..

[calms himself]

I don't have a problem with him saying don't let them see you or keeping his secret but not at the expense of children's lives if he has the ability to help. Even though he just said "maybe", it felt wrong hearing that from pa Kent. And Spider-Man was always persecuted early on, it was part of his charm that he still helped regardless. But, that's because he learned the hard way what the price of inaction could be. All that being said, these are just my opinions, and I get that. I also appreciate being able to give my opinions and having healthy debates with fellow board members.

I don't have a problem with him saying don't let them see you or keeping his secret but not at the expense of children's lives if he has the ability to help. Even though he just said "maybe", it felt wrong hearing that from pa Kent. And Spider-Man was always persecuted early on, it was part of his charm that he still helped regardless. But, that's because he learned the hard way what the price of inaction could be. All that being said, these are just my opinions, and I get that. I also appreciate being able to give my opinions and having healthy debates with fellow board members.

In the spiderman movies aunt may didn't know Peter was spiderman, so why would she care if spiderman was being persecuted. Also Peter used his powers for the wrong reasons when he first got them. Fighting in illegal events to make money, and then letting that criminal steal the dudes money which led to the death of his uncle.

Martha felt all of his pain since his face wasn't hidden under a mask... hell in the original superman movie pa Kent never told him to save anyone he just said he shouldn't show off and use his powers to play football and get girls. Then he had a heart attack & died. Clark learned everything from his kryptonian father including his purpose, and compassion for the human race

Last edited:
Some people are extremely myopic and fabricate a world for themselves where in their mind, their opinion is always the right one and/or is "fact", and if anyone else doesn't agree with them, then they are wrong. They don't care to consider nor understand any other point of view. When these same people have to resort to personal attacks in their discussions, it generally shows that they don't otherwise feel like they would have the "upper hand" in a discussion if they didn't throw in an insult or two. It gives them a sense of feeling like they are in "control".

Looks like it's meant to be about me.
It's the second time you come after me unprovoked, you are the one making the personal attack here not me.
I was about to let it slide the fist time but that's enough.
Frankly the banalities you write are cringe inducing.
You clearly believe you make well-thought-out arguments but you never actually produce an original thought.
All the same you seem to think that everyone is interested in everything that goes through your mind, writing endless posts filled with tedious platitudes, agreeing with everything and occasionally poorly rephrasing others' opinions (mine included).
You claim to be a nuanced person who considers all sides of an argument but your posts show instead an unoriginal mind hiding in the safety of group think.
That's why you take such a long time to say very little, that's also why you didn't directly address this attack to me.
Hopefully you're just young, the alternative is sad.
You clearly like the sound of your own voice so by all means continue, type away.
Just leave me out of it.

We're getting into some deep syntax here. Can't we all just pose some toys and get along. Lol. [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back