Hot Toys Bruce Wayne/Batman (2011 Toy Con Ex) review + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^^^
paint-brush-300x244.jpg

Soft.

or

6a0133ec991857970b0147e44238cf970b-300wi

Thank you, hope this works out well. Gonna give it a try!

tony you can also try polyester/spandex. i use that and it wipes the dust off pretty well.

Hey everyone, just did a review of this figure! check it out

[ame]https://youtu.be/LjIFr2yqYPU[/ame]

anyone used the dust off?
I used dust off just awhile ago in an upright position, but it still spit residue to my batman.
now my batman has shiny spot mark on his rubber suit.
any idea how to clean it?:monkey2

I use this
M163-1040-vendor01-sp.jpg
for my electronics and other stuff, but works well with figures since it wont spit residue and is more powerful than those compressed air cans which won't last long.:)

I just opened my Demon Bats/Scarecrow and the left shoulder on my Bats is broken. I'm tempted to write to Hot Toys, but if they can't/won't help does anyone have any suggestions? How feasible, for example, would it be to get a TT and swap the costume (bear in mind the prospect of that fills me with dread)?

On a side note, they are both epic figures and the foam packaging was a brilliant touch. Love the set.

I just opened my Demon Bats/Scarecrow and the left shoulder on my Bats is broken. I'm tempted to write to Hot Toys, but if they can't/won't help does anyone have any suggestions? How feasible, for example, would it be to get a TT and swap the costume (bear in mind the prospect of that fills me with dread)?

On a side note, they are both epic figures and the foam packaging was a brilliant touch. Love the set.

where are you located at? if you are in LA California, you are in luck. If you are else where, email me at [email protected]. I'll skype thru the steps with you. I love that figure, cant stand seeing one being broken......

one more pic, the stock cape aint that bad

6794559975_cfbd8b2fc9_z.jpg

With the right futzing it can indeed look very nice. Good work. :)

where are you located at? if you are in LA California, you are in luck. If you are else where, email me at [email protected]. I'll skype thru the steps with you. I love that figure, cant stand seeing one being broken......

Wow, good on you. :duff

tony is a stand up guy and a friend. i remember when i was younger and he helped me out with alot of 1/6 customizing problems i had.

This figure is a beast.
DSC_2673.jpg

I was blessed with only minimal production problems. There are some microscopic scratches on the suit, but those are only visible when observed really close. The only one that is noticable from afar, is a linear dent on the left thigh, though its not that bad. Also my Wayne headsculpt had two small specks of some white paint. Fortunately I was able to scrape it off easily, without damaging the underlying paintjob. The only major problem I had, was with the neck socket of the cowl.

I had some trouble attaching the cowl to the body. It just wouldn't fit. I tried to use force, but stopped quickly when I realized that if I kept doing it that way, I would damage the suit. Finally I found out that the socket of the neck was heavily warped. I used a sharp moddeling knife to even it out. Seems like a small, easily fixed production flaw, but I can image that someone could seriously screw up the suit, while holding it to force the cowl onto the neck joint.

Other than that its great though. The figure looks really amazing. I was worried about the quality of the suit after all this talk of dust magnet, but I think that if one can manage to keep the rubber relatively clean, then the suit looks better than the OC shiny rubber. The matt finish makes it look less toy like, and though some of the photos posted in this thread make the ToyFair version look like its coverd in snow, but in hand it doesn't look half as bad, since cameras usually light up all the dust.

But in my opinion the biggest improvement over the OC, is the paint job done on the faces and the cowl. They benefit from HT new standard of paint application, and it makes a significant difference. The neutral face is basically the same sculpt as the original, but the more realistic flesh tones, not only give the figure a less toy-like appearence, but the very subtle changes in paint actually make the whole face seem more accurate, and less goofy than the original. The angry face is obviously a great addition, and instantly gives a fierce scowl, to all the muscle on the figure. The open mouth though is the one I know I won't be displaying. It looks like Wayne was trying to make a sentence, while his mouth was stuffed full of food.​

2-2.jpg
DSC_2577.jpg

4.jpg
DSC_2672.jpg

Though it might be Hot Toys biggest production fail to date(and there's quite few of them to chose from now), when in good condition the figure really is something special. It has a fierce, beastly feel to it, and it dominates the shelf. It is currently the most intimidating looking thing in my collection. Though the new Keaton Bat represents higher production values in every aspect imaginable, the TF Begins Bat still gives it a good run for it's money, when it comes to impression it makes on the viewer. Even if I had to keep him in this single, static, glaring pose out of fear of damaging the suit, I would be content as he looks awesome in it. And my poor, underlit photos hardly do him any justice.​
DSC_3236.jpg

DSC_2664.jpg

DSC_2669.jpg

Last edited:
^Those are great pics:horror
BTW, I want to attempt a repaint on the rubber suit. any reccomended method or tools I should use?:wave

^Those are great pics:horror
BTW, I want to attempt a repaint on the rubber suit. any reccomended method or tools I should use?:wave
I really wouldn't recommend it. There's no telling what the paint is going to do to the rubber. Some people don't even clean their rubber figures with water. Why do You even want to repaint it? You're thinking that with a coat of acrylic paint, it won't be such a dust magnet?

However If You're really set on doing it, then I think airbrushing would be the way to go about it. It would be less invasive than covering the suit in thick coats of paint by brush. Or if You don't have an airbrush, then maybe some black acrylic primer in a can.

I still think its a bad idea though.:)

Back