Hot Toys Bruce Wayne/Batman (2011 Toy Con Ex) review + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sigpic4605_12.gif

Kinda sucks they couldn't get the cape right. I don't think this figure should deserve any FOTY award. Cape is off, mass QC issue with leg and shiny faces from the plastic, weird rubber coating that rubs off into shiny spots if you handle it here and there. It's good but I feel really let down as this was my first HT Batman figure.

Not for nothing, Lforigno did a good job getting the cape template and the right fabric to work on this, but for so much praise and love Hot Toys gets here regarding making these things... they really should have gotten the cape down.

Is there any way to fix ankle loose problem?

not that i know of. i requested and received a replacement boot from sideshow.

I sold a Batman that didn't have any issues, but when the buyer received it he said the foot was loose and the lower leg had falling out. So now I'm waiting for it's return and have an idea how I'm going to fix it. Did it with Alien Marine Vasquez. I had bought her with a broken ankle, the previous owner tried to glue it back on. The glue had eaten at the inside of her boot, making it crumble inside. I was able to hollow the boot out and insert a foot into it. Plan on seeing if i can do something like that to Batman's boots. Maybe even just the back half of a TT foot might work. Will have to see.
Unfortunately, I believe Batman's boot were made with defective plastic, and that even replacement boots with break over time. Especially when someone tries to pull on them.

See if you can use other foot pegs with it.

I mean it's black and nobody's gonna see it anyway. I think the peg size is standard.

Maybe you can use some glue and swivel a peg shape out.

Can the rubber be taken off the sole safely?

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

Maybe you can use some glue and swivel a peg shape out.

Can the rubber be taken off the sole safely?

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

That's what I intend to find out. As the boots weren't loose when I had it in my possession, and I dare not pull on the boots after reading about people finding broken piece when they removed them. I never really looked at them. But know that I have to find a solution, I will figure something out. Like I said, placing the back half of a TT foot into the boot would give it a new socket. And if I'm able to put the whole foot into the boot, even better.

Yeah Dean has an awesome talent for photographing and making videos of Hot Toys figures , i think he even contacted Hot Toys about working for them .

Sent from my OG Droid using EckoBo Talk

Back