Hot Toys Bruce Wayne/Batman (2011 Toy Con Ex) review + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw elsewhere the Michael Cera reference. I THOUGHT it was the kid from "Arrested Development" but thought no way, I must have the actors' names mixed up. But no, really, it looks NOTHING like Cera and everything like Bale. I do think Adam's is a bit more accurate overall, but I have yet to see any paintjob on it that makes it look as stunning as this one.

2011-10-18130431.jpg

Where's that suit from? The Medicom? Which body did you stick into it?

I've been consumed in the Indy thread...what's going on with the figure arriving damaged? I checked back through ten pages and all I saw was the dented collar but I keep seeing stuff referencing ankles? Mine should be here today.

I've been consumed in the Indy thread...what's going on with the figure arriving damaged? I checked back through ten pages and all I saw was the dented collar but I keep seeing stuff referencing ankles? Mine should be here today.

Well, hopefully yours haven't got those issues you've read. Good luck mate! :wave

Y'know, I just assumed it was the Toys2 suit from a few years back but it does look a bit different. I'd even go as far to say better. Kinda bulky in the layering but still prefer it to all other suits I've seen. Until Kato does his which I could never ever justify buying.

Y'know, I just assumed it was the Toys2 suit from a few years back but it does look a bit different. I'd even go as far to say better. Kinda bulky in the layering but still prefer it to all other suits I've seen. Until Kato does his which I could never ever justify buying.

Yeah if the material is too thick, it's gonna be puffy looking. I was just wondering if it was the suit that came with Medicom Bruce Wayne.

UPS just dropped mine of!

Suit looks good - no dents. But I definitely have a broken right ankle. It's actually the foot that's broken. A new boot would fix the problem.

Never had to get replacement parts from HT. How does one go about doing that?

What is it with the suit on this figure that it looks grey and almost matt compared to the gloss of the OC? And what issues has the suit had beyond the ankle problem?
I've noticed dented in stomach and warped suit around the neck area. I believe that Wookster's review (see first post) contains a comparison of the OC with the new Batman in terms of the sheen.

It is the Medicom suit - looks like he's used an Advanced TT body which is too bulky for this suit, it looks much better on a Narrow body.

I like how the Medi suit is more accurate especially the vest with the correct number of buttons as opposed to the toys2 suit. The only downside to the Medi suit is that is it undersized so you have to use a Narrow TT with it.

I'm using an Advanced TT with my toys2 suit, which is much closer to Bale's actual physique in TDK than the Narrow.

Oh and the Medi has great looking shoes too - overall, its a great option

Got mine today, everything was great no dent issues but the left boot just fell off when I took the fig from the package. Ankle peg is ok its just the boot its missing something inside where the peg should lock on/clip on.

Got mine today, everything was great no dent issues but the left boot just fell off when I took the fig from the package. Ankle peg is ok its just the boot its missing something inside where the peg should lock on/clip on.

Wow, this is really widespread. But you said LEFT? I thought it was the right ankles.

I am now fully expecting to see this when mine arrives. :mad:

Mine finally shipped last night.:yess:
I'll know tomorrow if mine has problems or not. Def even more anxious because of the issues.

Wow, this is really widespread. But you said LEFT? I thought it was the right ankles.

I am now fully expecting to see this when mine arrives. :mad:

I wonder if he's saying left from his perspective, but it's really still Batman's right boot.

Got a loose left boot too. Just called SS and they will send a replacement boot. Gotta email a picture of said loose boot though.

Yikes. They're going to have a lot of figures with no boots laying around the warehouse.

Back