Hot Toys Bruce Wayne/Batman (2011 Toy Con Ex) review + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like them both.

IMG_4488.jpg

IMG_4493.jpg

To be fair, the paint-job on my custom is not among the best.

You can't really judge them until they've both got paint jobs of equal quality. If we were to look at them as unpainted sculpts I think Adam's would win out.

yeah easily :cuckoo:

baleaswayne.jpg

Great pic neo as always. :clap

The main thing I don't like about Adam's is the mouth. I love the sculpt. and yes I've seen it in person, but that mouth is just terrible looking. I know it's Bale's mouth from that specific scene but to me, it only works with that scene. Which is why I really prefer the HT one. it works in a suit, on the TDK batman, in the first night out set up and as Steve74 showed us, a harness with some jeans and a t-shirt.

Great pic neo as always. :clap

The main thing I don't like about Adam's is the mouth. I love the sculpt. and yes I've seen it in person, but that mouth is just terrible looking. I know it's Bale's mouth from that specific scene but to me, it only works with that scene. Which is why I really prefer the HT one. it works in a suit, on the TDK batman, in the first night out set up and as Steve74 showed us, a harness with some jeans and a t-shirt.
:exactly:I see what you mean he kinda looks like he's pouting or something like that.

I've said ad nauseam that until customizers can match HT's paintwork, no custom sculpt will ever look as good painted as an official HT sculpt unless it's cast in flesh-colored, translucent material. If it's standard white/gray resin or plastic, too much work has to go into making the flesh tone look real, which causes the figure to look like it's wearing heavy makeup. I've yet to see any of the custom Bale sculpts look up to snuff after they've been painted. They're just not realistic, and look about equal to HT's first Brandon Routh.

Unpainted, the custom Bale sculpt wins. Unfortunately, custom efforts just don't have the resources HT does yet and they suffer because of it.

He looks like he's whistling.

I really think that's the shadowing.

Does mine look like it's whistling?

P1160093.jpg

I've said ad nauseam that until customizers can match HT's paintwork, no custom sculpt will ever look as good painted as an official HT sculpt unless it's cast in flesh-colored, translucent material. If it's standard white/gray resin or plastic, too much work has to go into making the flesh tone look real, which causes the figure to look like it's wearing heavy makeup. I've yet to see any of the custom Bale sculpts look up to snuff after they've been painted. They're just not realistic, and look about equal to HT's first Brandon Routh.

Unpainted, the custom Bale sculpt wins. Unfortunately, custom efforts just don't have the resources HT does yet and they suffer because of it.

Although I generaly agree, there are a few painters that are an exception.

Personally I think the paint-job Neo posted is superior to the stock HT paint. On the other hand the proto HT paint job is probably superior, but that's a mute point.

And for the record Adams Bruce Wayne was cast in translucent flesh-colored resin.

IMO, Adam's > HT , but, proto HT Bale> best painted Adam's

Again, prolly true, but a mute point.
However I do think that if boot25 was still around he could do a paint-job to rival the HT proto.

I think the HT sculpt looks more heroic and healthy. But Bale, frankly, isn't a very heroic and healthy looking man. He looks kind of sickly and weird. And the Adam sculpt captures that better. But for the price, I'm happy with what I've got (which is the HT version), considering it stays in the box anyways.

Again, prolly true, but a mute point.
However I do think that if boot25 was still around he could do a paint-job to rival the HT proto.

I honestly doubt it, because Hot Toys head scult has better texture skin, in my opinion that's the key, why the paint job looks better on Hot Toys, not because the paint is better from hot toys, yet because the cast material has skin texture and Adam's head sculpt has flat skin.

How very patriotic of you... :cuckoo:

Someone's always got an angle to push...

But I do see George W. In there... but it's not the sculpt but more so their similar features.

M.

I am very patriotic, that is why my opinion is what it is. No hidden agenda's/angles here, the man belongs in prison. Pm if you would like to continue the debate.

I don't undestand, why americans hate so much to Bush, and they voted for him, not only once, yet twice!!!

Back