Hot Toys - Bio Hazard 5 Albert Wesker collectible figure (S.T.A.R.S. ver)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Outfits are a tweak in my book... An S.T.A.R.S means nothing to me...

This made me realize I don't need to get both. Thanks man!

Letters is all I see... I bought mine cause enjoy the character not letters on a jacket...

I really agree on this statement.

I'm glad people brought this topic because I was trying to figure out which one to go for. I wanted to get stars one when I saw the proto pic, but later I thought midnight one is really cool and looks so sinister.

So, I just got mine yesterday and I'm loving it. I'm beginning to think it's not necessary to get both after all it is same wesker, but only in different outfit. If I really want I would buy some stars loose clothes and kitbash it.

Don't get offended people who like stars one more, but I think the outfit is bit plain compare to midnight ver. RE4 Leon is totally different because he comes with thick brown leather jacket and RPD outfit that is a lot cooler than wesker's stars outfit. Well, maybe because I'm more a fan of leon than wesker.

To change the topic to bright side, I'm posting my RE hot toys. Leon regular version, RPD Leon, and my new midnight wesker.

They also come with different accessories, so you can hardly pull the "they are just in a different outfit" card. Same character yes, but very different figures. A New Hope Farmboy Luke Skywalker is not the same as Return of the Jedi Endor Luke Skywalker.

Exactly!

Lots of people aren't into the more action oriented atmosphere of Resident Evil 4 and 5, so STARS Wesker is a perfect representation of the character from when the series was still a survival horror game.

Exactly!

Damn it! I know I just said midnight one looks cooler, but I can't stop looking at picture of stars version. Arrgh~ why?!

Did anyone thought about putting stars vest on midnight version without wearing a coat of course. I could buy loose outfit and kitbash it, but I want some opinions. I just can't seem to picture it.

Are you saying I should get both? Damn! This must be the curse of hot toys onece you have it you have to get everything. This sounds may crazy, but I have 4 different batman, 3 different jokr, and 2 leon. It's curse of hot toys.

Ha.... fine. (sob) It's eating my pocket and space, but its too tempting! I can't believe I'm losing to hot toys again. My self-control is leaking.

well you might as well just buy the whole line now.:D

God No! I'm happy as long as I have leon and wesker in my RE line. I never liked muscular body of chris. Sheva: I'm not even interested. May be if they make jill. I will get her.

You should see a doctor about that.

Are you kidding? It's only when it comes to hot toys really. But, it is getting worse. I bet no one can't say no to hot toys unless they can't afford it.

Lots of people aren't into the more action oriented atmosphere of Resident Evil 4 and 5, so STARS Wesker is a perfect representation of the character from when the series was still a survival horror game.

It does seem like Resident Evil has generated almost two fan bases, with some in the middle. There are the original Resident Evil fans who liked the more slow paced, plot oriented survival horror and then there are the ones who more enjoy the fast paced action adventure games of RE 4 and RE5. There is nothing wrong with that, I personally just feel that RE4 and RE5 aren't Resident Evil games at all. I think in the overall scheme of things there are more people who like either the older or the newer vs liking both.

It does seem like Resident Evil has generated almost two fan bases, with some in the middle. There are the original Resident Evil fans who liked the more slow paced, plot oriented survival horror and then there are the ones who more enjoy the fast paced action adventure games of RE 4 and RE5. There is nothing wrong with that, I personally just feel that RE4 and RE5 aren't Resident Evil games at all. I think in the overall scheme of things there are more people who like either the older or the newer vs liking both.

Personally, I enjoy all of the Resident Evil installments. Resident Evil is my favorite video game series of all time. I'm into the characters and I like seeing what happens to them, but Resident Evil 1-3 and Code Veronica on the Playstation and Dreamcast are the games that developed that passion for the series that I have.

I thought 4 did a pretty job of taking the series in a different direction, but I do remember being very confused in the opening scenario in the village. I was running around trying to conserve ammo for later encounters and didn't realize I was supposed to be blowing away everything that moved.

Zombies are better than Ganados though, in my opinion.

I should probably start my own thread, but here is the current progess on my RE4/Umb Wesker. Still waiting on the head, glasses, and sweater. Still need his neck though :(

dsc01573s.jpg

And with the coat:

dsc01572c.jpg

I think it looks better without it though.

Oh, and my STARS Wesker will be here Monday. Stupid ebay seller missed the USPS pick up for the day and thought he would just send it UPS ground instead of the Priority Mail I paid for :rolleyes:

Hey Buttmunch, if I may ask, where did you get the outfit for your custom RE4/UC Wesker, mainly the suit, sweater and pants. I've been replaying RE4 and I now want to attempt a similar custom.

That is actually a T-shirt I was just using as a stand in until my sweater from ebay comes. This is the 'sweater' I should get any day now.

https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250603282583

For once, huge collars on 1/6 shirts would work in the advantage!

The suit is a Saturday Toys suit. I think someone on here is selling one for $80 right now. They were originally $50, but they do include a body with a William Fitchner headsculpt. I bought one a while ago and never had a use for it, so this finally gave me a reason to get it. So all I really needed to complete this bash was the Wekser head, neck, sunglasses, and the sweater. I already had the rest lying around

So here is a complete breakdown of him:
-Wesker head
-Wesker neck
-Wesker sunglasses
-Midnight Wesker Hands
-Narrow John Connor Truetype body (may need to switch to a Wesker for the height though)
-ebay long sleeve t-shirt
-Saturday Toys Black Suit
-TTL Shoe feet (any HT dress shoes will work though)
-RE 4 Base (Krauser, Leon, Chainsaw, etc)
-random silenced pistol from parts bin
-trenchcoat from Vampire Spike BtVS figure (too big I think, so Blade might be a better one)

I got the head and glasses in yesterday. I'm getting the neck shipped out on Monday and should have that Wednesday or Thursday and I'm hoping the sweater will be here by then or at least by the end of the week. I'll open a new thread for it so we don't further detail the STARS thread. I'll probably also start a RE series thread when I finally get my RE1 game in the mail so I can talk to you guys about it as I start the series for the first time from the begining.

Back