Hot Toys Bespin Han speculation thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think they know a lot of collector's already have a 3PO and there's little for them to do to distinguish him from other ones. You'd have to stretch to figure out accessories to give him, and if they go the diecast route, he'll be $300+. How many people are going to upgrade for that much? I'd just stick with the SSC like I am with R2.

My thought is they might be waiting for ESB Chewie and doing an ESB 3PO that can be dismantled. THAT I would buy.

This is iconic? Personally I have neither seen or heard of it. But it looks like a strange guy in red footie pajamas with a baby blue hoodie that has received the Bill Belichick treatment. It looks alot more silly than it does badass.
42fc492b4f3aee2f4fc46ad54ed8f0b9.jpg

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

TA has already parted it out.:dunno

spiderman-baby-kid-toddler-boy-grow-onesie.jpg

Hopefully we will see full reveal of Bespin Han and 3.0 Chewie (lol) at SDCC next month.

Greedo really does need to be revisited. The SSC version sells for silly money and in my opinion is a very sub par looking figure.

Yeah it's a nice rodian sculpt, it just doesn't look much like Greedo in either sculpt or paint and the belt is some kind of Han mash-up.

The bigger question is whether Greedo is the type of character HT even does - a second tier character who hasn't been prominent in the Disney era movies at all - given even something as huge as Han Bespin doesn't seem to be able to get up to even announcement let alone PO, and also with Leia Bespin just months away from shipping.

How well Greedo would sell at $240 is another question, and also if they showed him whether he'd go up for PO - the HT record with preview to PO hasn't been great in the past few years, especially with more second tier niche characters like Power Droid, Snowtrooper Commander and DS Trooper. I think we're up to over a dozen SW figs repeatedly previewed that haven't seen light of day.

It's a bit sad that the days of SSC cranking out a LOT of second and even third tier SW characters like Greedo (and for pretty reasonable prices too) are long over, and even Sideshow doing the occasional creature or second tier outfit like Lando Skiff might also be over.

Hopefully we will see full reveal of Bespin Han and 3.0 Chewie (lol) at SDCC next month.

They already posted a preview pic...

gripsholmlion.jpg

I’m lowering all expectations. Who the hell knows how Hot Toys plans anything these days. They clearly don’t gauge collectors’ expectations.
Surprise and delight me! I dare ya.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The other Spider-Man dropped today. Two weeks, two Spider-Man figures, wow. So far April , may, June, no Star Wars. June = 2 spidey figures. It is a shame ssc don’t seem to make 1:6 figures anymore. They could have done greedo and other ot aliens ht will never touch.

Technically, this suit is of Spider-man's clone Ben Reilly from a much maligned story-line in the mid-90s called the Clone Saga. It's iconic because the Clone Saga was famous for being quite the debacle. Seems this PS4 game is gonna provide HT with a ton of Spidey suits to sell just like Iron Man 3 did for Iron Man.

This is iconic? Personally I have neither seen or heard of it. But it looks like a strange guy in red footie pajamas with a baby blue hoodie that has received the Bill Belichick treatment. It looks alot more silly than it does badass.
42fc492b4f3aee2f4fc46ad54ed8f0b9.jpg

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

SDCC? Which means we should be getting a Star Wars one in the next couple of days.

Yea, well, technically they are exclusive to multiple cons including SDCC. I think the SW exclusive might be Obi-Wan to go with last years Anakin. HT usually does around 4 Con Exclusives. We've seen 2 so far so hopefully the SW one is next week if they intend to do a SW one.

I think the SW exclusive might be Obi-Wan to go with last years Anakin./QUOTE]

That'd be one of the easiest passes ever. What could it possibly do different other than a slightly more weathered tunic? They could give him the high ground I suppose.

I think the SW exclusive might be Obi-Wan to go with last years Anakin./QUOTE]

That'd be one of the easiest passes ever. What could it possibly do different other than a slightly more weathered tunic? They could give him the high ground I suppose.

It's just a guess but if it is, it's an easy pass for me. Most of these con-exclusives are niche market figures.

Yea, well, technically they are exclusive to multiple cons including SDCC. I think the SW exclusive might be Obi-Wan to go with last years Anakin. HT usually does around 4 Con Exclusives. We've seen 2 so far so hopefully the SW one is next week if they intend to do a SW one.

Spiderman stormtrooper gonna be this year's exclusive!

What's the other besides Scarlet Spider?

Back