Hot Toys Battle damaged Ironman Mk III teaser

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn you Hot Toys and all your awesome figures. They certainly know how to make a guy spend his money. Its okay though I already sold my v1 MK3, so BRING IT ON! This guy is definitely gonna be 200+ dollars.

20090912_06c4463dd9ed4679e9b5aCnLAEnz2EQK.jpg
20090912_9952d684237d47f866ebocxPwk148MNM.jpg
20090912_9cece485cf626a04690dtBjOsmfs2e1z.jpg

My only teeny tiny knit pick is that I would much rather have a removable clean mask so the cool, damaged mask would have the light up eyes feature. Assuming they don't skimp out on the light up feature.

that is so freaking kool. glad i held off on the 1st one this will have to be a purchase

Howard personally set up this BD MK III display yesterday, but today, when I go to the store pre-order JC V.2, I saw him again using super glue on MK III parts and he dress kinda funny.

BD MK III has a semi matt finish, the dry brush damage paint job looks great, a lot better then ver 1, but the Tony sculpt is still missing.

My only teeny tiny knit pick is that I would much rather have a removable clean mask so the cool, damaged mask would have the light up eyes feature. Assuming they don't skimp out on the light up feature.
If the gold mask is removable on both and not just the Tony Stark head, you'll be able to mix and match for both. No word yet as to whether that's the case though.

When can we finally pre-order this bad boy? WHEN? Come on Hot Toys..make the announcement already! I'm feeling insecure not having this on pre-order...

dang, I thought I could pass on this but now seeing the new pics...think I'm going to get it

Addition

Official spec:

12 inches MARK III collectible figure (Battle Damaged Version)
Product code: MMS110
The Battle damaged IRON MAN MARK III features:
+ Authentic and detailed fully realized IRON MAN
+ Stands approximately 30 cm tall
+ Over 36 points of articulation
+ Special features on the armor:
- Metal-like painting with scratches finishing
- Light up glowing eyes and Micro ARC reactor on chest (battery operated)
- Expendable wrist gauntlet (as shield)
- Ejective shoulder mounted micro munitions pod
- Retractable countermeasure dispenser
- Fully deployed Air Flaps at back of the armor with built-in metal flaps
- Re-engineered AirBrake deployment system
- Working forearms rocket
- Two interchangeable chest armors
+ Seven pieces of interchangeable hands, including light up replusor palms
+ Damaged helmet as accessory
+ Alternate heads:
- Authentic likeness of Robert Downey Jr. as TONY STARK, in damaged helmet with removable mask
- Non-damaged Iron Man helmet with light-up eyes function
+ Deluxe Iron Man figure base

Release date: Q4, 2009 - Q1, 2010

Very love it with damage chest armor.

Last edited:
One minor nitpick. The battle scar on the mask has s symmetrical effect. Its not really perfectly symmetrical, but it just looks too balanced on both eyes. It looks like a design rather than a random battle damage. I hope they make a little improvement on that. They could probably leave just one scar and then just have a scar on the lower portion of the face on the other side, or something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back