Hot Toys Battle damaged Ironman Mk III teaser

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont know if anyone has said this yet but... Hottoys how about a Tony Stark he could have the Arc Reactor built into the true types chest and can do the whole light up under the shirt like in the movie now I would by a Tony Stark for that...

I was thinking that watching the movie, and it's no loss for a Stark to be less posable to have the electronics in his abdomen.

I wonder if the gold face mask is removable on both heads? That way, you could use the light up head with either the clean mask or the battle-damaged mask.

I dont know if anyone has said this yet but... Hottoys how about a Tony Stark he could have the Arc Reactor built into the true types chest and can do the whole light up under the shirt like in the movie now I would by a Tony Stark for that...

Don't know if this was mentioned before, but someone on ebay was making a very good custom narrow shoulder truetype with the built in chest Ark Reactor. Lost the bid though, went for about $100.00.

When are they gonna announce the BD IM? I'm tired of waiting...pics are all over the 'net.

This does look really cool, but think I'll be sticking with the first MIII. I've already sold the TDK Batman in anticipation of the new DX and don't really want to get into the habit of doing it with every figure.

Having said that, the official pics will no doubt make it annoyingly hard not to...

This does look really cool, but think I'll be sticking with the first MIII. I've already sold the TDK Batman in anticipation of the new DX and don't really want to get into the habit of doing it with every figure.

Having said that, the official pics will no doubt make it annoyingly hard not to...

I am certain HT will give several months to save before the figure is available. You might have to pass on all their other goodies released between now and BD IM release but you could keep both. :horror

Who am I kidding, if you have an interest in a line once the 'official' specs are released it is really difficult to pass. I feel for ya.

I was happy with the MK3 when I ordered it, the MK2 changed that, ordered that one too, I was happy again, the gun metal version changed that, I ordered that too, happy again.
Battle damaged, ohh, when it comes available for pre order I think I'll be happy once more.

I foresee the IM2 figures giving me some trouble too! :D

I am certain HT will give several months to save before the figure is available. You might have to pass on all their other goodies released between now and BD IM release but you could keep both. :horror

Who am I kidding, if you have an interest in a line once the 'official' specs are released it is really difficult to pass. I feel for ya.

It's not so much a cost issue, more of a space one. I decided awhile ago I was only going to have one of each major character. HT have so many licenses now that I want to get into, that getting too many from one hinders the others for me. Perfectly happy with the current MIII, so this BD will have to be something special that maybe the official pics will show.

The TDK Batman was different as I was never happy with that figure when I had it, and the new DX seems to have fixed those issues.

HT will get my money either way at the end of the day :lol

New Materials?

I hope the materials used on the battled-damaged version are improved. Handling my Mark III figure again the other day, I was reminding how the quality and finish of the materials is my biggest disappointment with him. The arm rockets are absurdly frail, as are the flaps on his back (which don't stay down) and the panels on his legs (which don't open all the way). The figure is just far too plastic-y and light compared to Hot Toys other figures; the flat look of the plastic as opposed to a metallic finish doesn't help matters either.

i agree with u spanbauer. which is why i held back from getting the original mark3.

however, the paint work on the battle-damaged armour looks like that plasticky, toy-like paint finish MAY have been rectified. from the proto pics, it certainly looks more metallic. fingers crossed, the production version follows thru on that promise.

20090912_d4cdfadff4dabe35cb85t7TRWOTBDfDI.jpg
20090912_89aa526579be403a0618F68nqmwW7JXo.jpg
20090912_7bd22818037b462b9e932h3ZFTGxCsaF.jpg
20090912_8869279e14dc933ee8c3w5whJcpppfsb.jpg
20090912_18fe13fca11330cce736tS5O6Eg5isCx.jpg
20090912_ad971badfed2d4fda6aeFBL7r0gWUXlj.jpg
20090912_1a5e816d0f035b2912a9QkPuvkttTleU.jpg
20090912_80583ec5ef044aa2d6bbeOOCLl6GXahm.jpg
20090912_6f564bc0f86364b45558fNtJdY2Ta2Yi.jpg
20090912_06c4463dd9ed4679e9b5aCnLAEnz2EQK.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.