Hot Toys Battle damaged Ironman Mk III teaser

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally my clean one will stay in eye's lit mode, the BD one will be in face-plate up mode (I'm expecting great things from the final Kojun HS when it's approved), I'll put the full head from the MK3 on the MK 2 and have him holding his helmet (the reveal can go on the bust), just leaving the MK1 to stand in the middle (faceplate down!).
The fully crushed helmet isn't even going to be wearable, it's just an accessory to hold or lay at his feet so it's a moot point with that one.

The description and pictures only show the damaged and undamaged masks-

l Authentic and detailed fully realized IRON MAN
l Stands approximately 30 cm tall
l Over 36 points of articulation
l Special features on the armor:
n Metal-like painting with scratches finishing
n Light up glowing eyes and Micro ARC reactor on chest (battery operated)
n Expendable wrist gauntlet (as shield)
n Ejective shoulder mounted micro munitions pod
n Retractable countermeasure dispenser
n Fully deployed Air Flaps at back of the armor with built-in metal flaps
n Re-engineered AirBrake deployment system
n Working forearms rocket
n Two interchangeable chest armors
l Seven pieces of interchangeable hands, including light up replusor palms
l Damaged helmet as accessory
l Alternate heads:
- Authentic likeness of Robert Downey Jr. as TONY STARK, in damaged helmet with removable mask
- Non-damaged Iron Man helmet with light-up eyes function
l Deluxe Iron Man figure base

The crushed helmet is the VIP exclusive, and as far as I know has only been shown in the Toy Hunters shop display-
crushed.jpg

Not trying to argue the point, it's just weird how the damaged head is listed as both an alternate head and as accessory.

I'm with Darren about the scratched helmet. I'd much rather that have light up eyes. Oh well.

Not trying to argue the point, it's just weird how the damaged head is listed as both an alternate head and as accessory.

The first is talking about this:

crushed.jpg

The second is talking about the head in this pic:

4IronMan_Mark3BattleDamaged.jpg

My supplier just confirmed that the "damaged helmet as accessory" (aka Crushed helmet) is exclusive item only to Toy Hunters members.

It doesn't read that way to me.

l Alternate heads:
- Authentic likeness of Robert Downey Jr. as TONY STARK, in damaged helmet with removable mask

The damaged head is the accessory.

And that damaged head, being the alternate "accessory" head, as opposed to the clean undamaged head, features the "authentic" :lol likeness of RDJ. The damaged head has the removable mask, there by revealing the RDJ sculpt.

Okay, they've tried to capture RDJ likeness and as far as I'm concerned the Mark 1 had the best example. It looks as though the sculpt is getting worse. Of course, the squished Mk2 was always going to suffer, and luckily the Mk1 is best displayed mask down. What happened there? I guess when you do your best and have to come up with different sculpts of the same person, there's only one way to go. This time Kojun is taking a crack. Still it's a miss, and it irks me to read "- Authentic likeness of Robert Downey Jr. as TONY STARK", when clearly it isn't.

It doesn't read that way to me.

l Alternate heads:

The damaged head is the accessory.

And that damaged head, being the alternate "accessory" head, as opposed to the clean undamaged head, features the "authentic" :lol likeness of RDJ. The damaged head has the removable mask, there by revealing the RDJ sculpt.

That's what I was saying: 1st pic is the damaged "accessory" head, & the 2nd pic is the BD/Tony Stark head.

VIP has three helmets;
1 light up eyed clean helmet
2 openable damaged helmet with RDJ likeness
3 crushed helmet

Non VIP has two helmets;

simples :D

That's what I was saying: 1st pic is the damaged "accessory" head, & the 2nd pic is the BD/Tony Stark head.
It's not what I was saying though. The first pic, in your example, is the 'crushed' helmet, not the damaged "accessory" head.

VIP has three helmets;
3 crushed helmet

Non VIP has two helmets;

simples :D

Agree. Sigh.. won't be able to get the crushed helmet :banghead

Yeah, I want the crushed helmet too but I will most likely pose him with his faceplate up (the Downey sculpt) so it's not really needed.

Yeah, I'm gutted I was really wanting the crushed one but fingers crossed sideshow will get that version, might end up ordering a regular now and a VIP one if sideshow get them later.
But then it's not like it is any use, not as if it can be used, it's crushed.

It's not what I was saying though. The first pic, in your example, is the 'crushed' helmet, not the damaged "accessory" head.

Right......okay, whatever. If what you mean is that the BD/Tony head is the "accessory", then I don't think HT would use the word 'accessory' - they list it as an "alternate head" immediately after that.

But, that doesn't change what we already know: 2 interchangeable heads (normal MK3 lightup head & BD/Tony Stark head), and a crushed BD head as an exclusive.

In short, I'm gettin' it! :rock

If what you mean is that the BD/Tony head is the "accessory", then I don't think HT would use the word 'accessory' - they list it as an "alternate head" immediately after that.

Right......okay. Oh I see. "....... I don't think......"

Whatever.

Please HOT TOYS stop making IM variationssss and do a Hulk already.Merci.

Originally Posted by Shai Hulud
Please HOT TOYS stop making IM variationssss and do a Hulk already.Merci.

Hulk would be sick, considering what they have done with their Hellboy 2 figure! I agree completely.

OH Sure wait till Hot Toys get their hands on The HULK then the Variants will stop :duh Green Hulk, Red Hulk, Gray Hulk, Ninja Hulk, Hulk in a Spacesuit, Bank Robber Hulk, Police cop Hulk, Nurse Hulk :rotfl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back