Hot Toys Battle Angel Alita

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe one day we'll see a sequel, but I don't see it being announced any time soon. I don't know how busy Rodriguez is either but Cameron won't be directing it and it took years for this one to be made

Maybe one day we'll see a sequel, but I don't see it being announced any time soon. I don't know how busy Rodriguez is either but Cameron won't be directing it and it took years for this one to be made

Unless they’ve already started working on it. Once this one got the Green Light, it didn’t really take all that long to make — it just sat around for a long time. They could easily have a sequel done by the beginning of next year — or the year after — not really that long.

Unless they’ve already started working on it. Once this one got the Green Light, it didn’t really take all that long to make — it just sat around for a long time. They could easily have a sequel done by the beginning of next year — or the year after — not really that long.

They have no more in production but have said that if it does well, there are two more that have been drafted. Depends on how well this one did

Well, just read a Forbes article stating that it’s US box office wasn’t that great (most likely thanks to the critics and the moron SJWs on the Left that complained that Alita was too overly sexualized!), and that despite breaking $400 million worldwide, the likelihood of a sequel isn’t looking good.

Yeah with the way this movie so obviously sets up a sequel, it seems pretty likely that they already had a good idea of what the next story would be.

Yeah with the way this movie so obviously sets up a sequel, it seems pretty likely that they already had a good idea of what the next story would be.

I hope they do make one. It’s done pretty well worldwide, particularly China, but if they don’t just because of the domestic box office, that’s gonna suck. It drives me nuts when they set stuff up for sequels only to never see them made.

They won’t make a sequel, it didn’t make enough money. You can’t make it on a low budget, its too expensive.

I’m impressed by the $400 mill it did make though. It did ok.

It didn't do ok it exceeded expectations and became a cult movie. Movies with bigger budgets that did worse in the box office got a sequel, this is really not hard to understand. It all depends on Jim now.

Well I guess there is hope, since the first Pacific Rim made nearly the same amount ($100 mil domestic and $309 mil foreign), with about the same production budget, and somehow managed to get a sequel. Although it's possible there were other factors involved as well.

That is good news, but the article got one thing wrong (unless things have changed significantly) — I was a manager at a movie theatre, and the house takes approximately NOTHING off ticket sales for the first five weeks of any release (at least here in the States) — and how many movies last that long in the theatres these days.... After that the house starts to take a percentage that increases with every week. Movie theatres make all their money on the concessions, not the tickets, which is why the food is so expensive.

PO'd the fourth scale statue from Sideshow yesterday. :yess:

I will keep you up-to-date with pics and details after its shipping (~ Sep. 2020). Now, I have to find an appropriate, lighted display case or someone here in Germany, who can build me such a case in the right dimensions. Maybe I can get some ideas or tips in the forum here. From now on, the only things I can do is waiting for the 3D 4K UHD Blu-Ray (shipment announced for end of July 2019) waiting for the statue, searching the web for pics, clips and other ABA stuff.

:impatient:

And of course hoping for an announcement of Alita Battle Angle movie sequels :pray:

That statue is really tempting, especially with all the cool display options you get in the deluxe. Although I'm kinda wary of getting too sucked into the statue thing, given how much I'm already spending on 1/6 figures every year...

I have another reason to spend $1k.

Today I found out, that Alita is not a CGI simply performance captured by a human character. Instead she is real and lives among us. And I do love statues of real existing humans. You do not believe it? Short explanation: On the day the crew filmed the battle scene with Grewishka in his under world, she overslept after a party with the crew members in the Kansas Bar the night before. Than she came to the set too late and this happened in her frantic mask.

Evidence material? Here it is (scene details taken from the movie trailers):
em1.jpg em2.jpg em3.jpg em4.jpg

Horrible, but the scenes could not be filmed again, due to the fact, that she had already cut Grewishka's wired grind cutters and split his body at the end of the shootings of ABA Part #1. But I have heard rumors, that she had promised that this will not happen again in the shooting of the ABA sequel. If so, producers and directors have to announce another, accurate ABA sequel after the sequel.

What do you think about this?

Today I found out, that Alita is not a CGI simply performance captured by a human character. Instead she is real and lives among us. And I do love statues of real existing humans. You do not believe it? Short explanation: On the day the crew filmed the battle scene with Grewishka in his under world, she overslept after a party with the crew members in the Kansas Bar the night before. Than she came to the set too late and this happened in her frantic mask.

View attachment 451388 View attachment 451389 View attachment 451390 View attachment 451391

Horrible, but the scenes could not be filmed again, due to the fact, that she had already cut Grewishka's wired grind cutters and split his body at the end of the shootings of ABA Part #1. But I have heard rumors, that she had promised that this will not happen again in the shooting of the ABA sequel. If so, producers and directors have to announce another, accurate ABA sequel after the sequel.

I think that's absurd.

View attachment 451388 View attachment 451389 View attachment 451390 View attachment 451391

Whatever helps you justify your purchase :lol

Am wondering what you'd come up with to justify getting the prime 1 version? :lol

I don't get it? :dunno

After studying and comparing various trailers with each other I believe (not know) her missing war painting was fixed in the final movie. But I have to proof this. That's the reason why I also ordered the 3D 4K UHD Blu-Ray and have to watch the film again (and again and again ...) :rotfl

Back