Hot Toys Batman V. Superman Dawn of Justice Speculation Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kinda weird but kinda cool. Definitely have never seen something like that before. I bet those are Batman's soldiers (Batman got captured) and Superman kills them before breaking Bruce's neck or something. Gotta be a nightmare.

Weird like one of those fan made short films. Like those Batman vs Vader or Batman vs Predator.

Kinda weird but kinda cool. Definitely have never seen something like that before. I bet those are Batman's soldiers (Batman got captured) and Superman kills them before breaking Bruce's neck or something. Gotta be a nightmare.

The soldiers all have Superman's 'S' logo on their sleeves and have been seen in all the trailers and stills have been released also.
It's a nice little teasers... with the emphasis on teaser... it doesn't reveal any plot or story, but does leave you thinking "what the hell's going on here?" Personally think it is some kind of dream sequence.
The good thing though, is that is shows perfectly that this Batman can turn his head :yess: - the cowl looks great to be honest.. don't think I've ever been so looking forward to a movie coming out!

I mean the guys chained to up with Wayne, I bet those are his men. Not the troops bowing to Superman.

I love how when any Batman on screen has their mask taken off, their eye makeup instantly disappears lol

As was shown in the initial trailer also, those troops bowing to Superman all have the "S" glyph on their shoulders. Like it was speculated after the release of that first trailer, it's possible they are a part of some sort of cult that worships Superman and sees him as their God and savior, and they have the notion that they are helping him by doing vigilante work (similar to the Batman imposters in TDK who thought they were helping him). I think the film is going the route that after the arrival of someone/something like that (Superman), natural human behavior and response is that you're going to have different factions who all see him/it from a different perspective. Some that see him as a savior, a deity or a miracle, some that see him as a threat, some that will try and get him to be their puppet and carry out the tasks that they want him to, some that will fear him, etc.

I'm going to surmise that this is probably a nightmare dream sequence for Batman in which he's imagining a world where Superman has full control and power with evil intentions, and the Superman worshippers capture and chain him up and Superman arrives and unmasks him. However, there was also that scene in the first trailer I believe it was, where Batman was in a similar desert setting and fighting off what looked to be these same troops.

Superman looked mean in that trailer with the snarl on his face the entire time.

seeing them interact like that is really weird, not in a bad way, it's just so weird seeing live action bats/supes like this.

This may sound petty but Cavill's hairline is receding and with that widow's peak it's giving his Superman a distinct Norman Osborn vibe. They need to give him a hairpiece or hair extension and bring his look back to the Man of Steel movie.

This may sound petty but Cavill's hairline is receding and with that widow's peak it's giving his Superman a distinct Norman Osborn vibe. They need to give him a hairpiece or hair extension and bring his look back to the Man of Steel movie.

It hasn't bothered me. I personally think he looks great as Supes.

Henry is not going bald. Quit listening to fanboy assumptions. lol
Look at him as Clark Kent in the trailer...he looks exactly the same as in MOS.

One thing that Zach Snyder is profoundly talented at is his visualization. The man has an eye for Art.
So on Man of Steel, you can see that he is really going for a younger looking...wet behind the ears Superman.

On Batman v Superman, it looks like he's going for a much more mature looking superman. Given at the scenes in the trailer where he's saving people from flood, Rocket Ship rescue, etc...this is clearly a Superman that isnt green anymore.

So it looks like he's taking a cue to the slicked back Superman like Alex Ross type.

or the vintage Superman.

Excellent reference to the Alex Ross style Supes, Remy. I too have felt it appears they are basing Supes's look after Ross's style. Which is a style that I've liked for awhile. I actually think the slicked hair, prominent Widow's peak Superman without the "S" curl makes him look more seasoned and mature.

Slicked back hair would naturally make anyone's Widow's peak much more prominent.

Looking forward to the new trailer as well as the new HT Cavill and Affleck sculpts.

Custom sculpts from a company called Modern Life they are on Facebook.

FB_IMG_1449089206266.jpg
FB_IMG_1449089219578.jpg
FB_IMG_1449089212291.jpg

Modern life is that company who charged $350 for a single head sculpt. They tried this with the mad max head sculpt and said It will not be copied and shortly after we have a whole figure for $150 with the same head sculpt.

Modern life is that company who charged $350 for a single head sculpt. They tried this with the mad max head sculpt and said It will not be copied and shortly after we have a whole figure for $150 with the same head sculpt.

I love Cavill as Superman, but I do wish they'd style his hair differently - the slicked back look is too 'harsh' in my opinion... he needs the spit-curl back. :wink1:

cavil is perfect for superman, he has the chin and hair, Affleck is just as good. hope to get hot toys versions of all of them

Back