Hot toys Batman Begins Toyfair exclusive Damage Report!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine had a rub on the thumb of the right hand glove and a pretty good ding in the upper right corner of the box. Feel like I'm being a little picky, but still....

My right boot won't go onto the figure and I feel like it's going to break if I push it on any harder. I have contacted Sideshow twice about a replacement. Any one else having difficulties having Sideshow answering e-mails?

Got an email last night that my left boot replacement will be on its way.

My right boot won't go onto the figure and I feel like it's going to break if I push it on any harder. I have contacted Sideshow twice about a replacement. Any one else having difficulties having Sideshow answering e-mails?

Dude, I called them up and ended up leaving a message on their returns department (Daniel Capisi) got a call from them the following day. They sent me an email requesting for a photo of the defective boot Friday and I replied the same day. Granted I called them up wednesday last week so turn around was a week like what they told me it would take.

Mine has a slight ab dent but it really depends on how the bodysuit is manipulated. When you put a belt on or press the Batman head down on the body it causes the suit to puff out and in turn that inner pressure manifests in the area of most weakness, i.e. the right ab which then exacerbates the overall dent. You can disguise the dent better with good suit positioning.

On another front in terms of quality control, both of my ankles were loose and had to be properly snapped in when I got it. No joints were broken, but it just doesn't have the "snap-in" quality that I usually see from Hot Toys. It's a little to loose for my taste. I'm not going to lie. The figure is dark, looming and totally epic. However, if they had taken just a little bit more time and really given an effort to test the quality of this item it could have amounted to massive greatness rather than the massive amounts of qualms it has suffered.

So is this officially the most faulty release ever? ( not including Indiana Jones, where all the head sculpts are bad ).

:)

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Honestly, I think once everyone gets things fixed and sorted out, this whole thing will blow off and will be a forgotten memory. Some people are still drying off their leaky DX02s and Comedians and slowly watching them rot away. Now that's sad. This, while inconvenient, is fixable.

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Honestly, I think once everyone gets things fixed and sorted out, this whole thing will blow off and will be a forgotten memory. Some people are still drying off their leaky DX02s and Comedians and slowly watching them rot away. Now that's sad. This, while inconvenient, is fixable.

The comedian fiasco is a downright travesty!

Phone call received from sideshow as well as a follow up email! my replacement is on the way! and UPS tried to drop indy off today! But I wasnt home! I guess we will see if I have better luck with him! This will determan weather or not the exclusive superman gets the axe!

My right boot does not snap in the ball joint so it falls off I cant pose him because the boot is all flimsy I'm pretty disappointed but will need to contact sideshow ASAP how or what am I suppose to take a picture of exactly just curious that's all

Was it the wrist peg on the left hand of the figure? How did you manage to get it out? fellow doesnt budge to anything heat or pressure and then you said you repaired it too!
any suggestions? A lot of use have the same issue

The wrist peg is exactly one of this on the right arm to put the hand
2cqyw06.jpg

It was hard to fix that, I have to take something with a little metal tip and do a littlle hole on the plastic that was stuck in there, then with that little hole I take a drill with the more little tip that I have in my house and do a bigger hole, with the hole that the drill do doesn't work for another wrist peg then I have to tear the rest of the plastic with the little metal tip to get the right size for the wrist peg. It was a lot of hard to do that.

Use a blow dryer for the heads. Or warm water.

How do you do that you put the head in hot water?
I want to know because I have to do a lot of pressure to put the cowl or the head and I have fear of breaking it

Got this today:
I wanted to confirm receipt of the photo of your Batman Begins Bruce Wayne figure. To better assist you, I pulled several figures from our inventory to inspect the figure’s suit and compare to your current item. Please know the batsuit’s ribcage looks this way on every item I have inspected. There is a small amount of space between the body armature underneath the suit and the suit itself. I have found that the suit is conforming to the shape of the armature underneath.

As our replacement inventory is the same as your current item, a replacement body would not resolve your inquiry. However, we would like to offer you a replacement for your damaged ankles. At your earliest convenience, please confirm which boot you need. If possible, please reference the right or left side as from the figure’s perspective.

As always, please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

I emailed them back and said thanks but no thanks. I also attempted to open negotiations for a less damaged body. It's a long shot, I know, but I spent $225 on this thing, and I've seen enough flawless body sculpts to know that this isn't the issue on every one. This is such BS. I kind of hate HT now. The response from SS is upsetting to, because if the suit is conforming, then why is the dent on one side only? Whatever. I'm jaded.

Got mine today, and the suit, and boots are OK. However my headscupt has a shiny forehead in certain lights. Was this put there for sweat, or do I need to get a replacement

I was told as well it was a sweat and the CS rep asked me whether i want a full return/ refund for the whole thing

It's a thin line of gloss that seems to only show up in direct sunlight. It looks like a natural sweat effect.
However if it's not meant to be there, I would like a replacement

you can try asking them but the answer i got from the rep was it's not replaceable as it's an "intentional" sweat paint left by Hot Toys however i was able to get a replacement body cozz mine had signs of rubber peeling so currently now just waiting for their next reply. Just be careful guys when u handle the rubber suit especially when u put the belt on and adjusting it

I've not received my figures yet but almost everyone has this weird shiny line on their CB heads, seems like a defect to me and that has been the consensus so far

Back