Hot toys Batman Begins Toyfair exclusive Damage Report!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't see what the fuss is about this headsculpt either? It's OK, but it's no Reeve

Yeah, it's a middling sculpt for me, not a disaster for sure but not a home run either. :dunno

And yeah if you can't see the shiny bit in most lighting then probably not a huge thing to worry about. I'm more concerned about my suit and ankles

I think asking for return because of the head shine is a bit much.

The boot definitely. I got my shipping notice on my replacement boot so i am happy.

I hope Sideshow give HT some flack for this and get them up their quality control.

I opened mine fully last week and have it out on display now.
There were a few issues I had though:
- Batman's default belt has one of the pegs bent and lifting up (those tiny pegs on the back)
- Suit has a couple of spots that looks shiny (very tiny spots though) and the left/right sides has the visible line where the suit fused together I presume (guessing this is just the way it is due to the production process, so likely won't mention this if I call in)
- Forehead shiny like everyone else

Are these problems enough to call in about? Will they just send me replacement parts or will I have to 'destroy' my items too?

Maybe this has been addressed but, for all the seemingly abundant sadness for the Bruce sculpt, seems the skin texture is still there so why not just dab on some matte clear coat model paint to dull it down?

Ultimately this seems like such a minor issue as it stands alone... but with all the other troubles with the suit, the headsculpt should be the shining light but when that's flawed too it's so disheartening.

M.

To be honest in most lights I can't see it. It's just when I am in the hallway and hold it to light coming from the windows of my front door.

I only saw mine under direct lighting when looking for it. I have a feeling the only other time I'll notice is when I take pictures.

Still don't get the comments about the head. It's amazing. It's a bit undersized but please hold it up to the previous Bruce Wayne heads and tell me it's OK again. Haha. I honestly don't see a HUGE difference between it and Adam's sculpt. Both are great but this paint job brings it to life. Even with a little sweat.

Are you sure the actual kneepad is crooked? Or is the rubber suit just twisted.

I only saw mine under direct lighting when looking for it. I have a feeling the only other time I'll notice is when I take pictures.

Still don't get the comments about the head. It's amazing. It's a bit undersized but please hold it up to the previous Bruce Wayne heads and tell me it's OK again. Haha. I honestly don't see a HUGE difference between it and Adam's sculpt. Both are great but this paint job brings it to life. Even with a little sweat.

I have to say once I got the head on the DX 02 body I started seeing Bale a lot more, and at certain angles it does look dead on. I showed it to my wife and she said 'wow that looks great', and was like, do you really think so? It's just when I first got it out of the box, I was not sure if it was that good of a Bale sculpt.

Took some photos of mine in the daylight. Kneecaps seem to be in the right place. And the only shine on his head seems to be a light reflextion.

100_5189.jpg

100_5190.jpg

100_5191.jpg

100_5192.jpg

100_5194.jpg

100_5195.jpg

Back