Hot toys Batman Begins Toyfair exclusive Damage Report!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got mine yesterday after the preorder, I got it a lot late because I'm from Costa Rica.

This is my first Hot Toys Figure, and my thoughts are not very good.
The joint of the hand in the right arm was glued or something and it doesn´t come out :panic:, after trying I broken it and a part of the plastic remain in the hole, fortunately I was able to fix it.
Beside this, ¿Is normal that when you want to put the cowl or head you have to do a lot of pressure to put it right in the joint?

Haven't someone tried to remove the glossy paint that it have on the suit, I want to see how it looks. This is because trying to pull out the hand joint I removed a little on the right arm and on the chest

Unfortunately I don't have a camera to post some pics.

I think that Hot Toys should improve their quality control, because I paid for the figure $267, these figures are not cheap... The next week my Shadow Predator will arrive, I hope it doesn't have issues

I got mine yesterday after the preorder, I got it a lot late because I'm from Costa Rica.

The joint of the hand in the right arm was glued or something and it doesn´t come out :panic:, after trying I broken it and a part of the plastic remain in the hole, fortunately I was able to fix it.
Beside this, ¿Is normal that when you want to put the cowl or head you have to do a lot of pressure to put it right in the joint?

Haven't someone tried to remove the glossy paint that it have on the suit, I want to see how it looks. This is because trying to pull out the hand joint I removed a little on the right arm and on the chest

I think that Hot Toys should improve their quality control, because I paid for the figure $267, these figures are not cheap... The next week my Shadow Predator will arrive, I hope it doesn't have issues
Use a blow dryer for the heads. Or warm water.

Just went back to the Sideshow side in order to check if it is still available. I am debating getting a second one because I am pretty happy with it (despite all its little issues). It is still marked as limited to 1 per customer, but I was able to add it to the basket and get to the place order side. Didnt finish my order but it looks like their 1 per customer philosophy is not as strict as I thought. :yess:

Was it the wrist peg on the left hand of the figure? How did you manage to get it out? fellow doesnt budge to anything heat or pressure and then you said you repaired it too!
any suggestions? A lot of use have the same issue

My boot should be here monday.

Wonder if SS let HT know about their QC, not that SS has that much too talk. :lol

Um, I'm getting nervous - I have heard no replies from SS - should I give them a call or just assume my boot is on the way?

BTW did you guys get confirmation through an email that the boot was coming and on the way?

Just getting desperate I guess....:dunno

My boot should be here monday.

Wonder if SS let HT know about their QC, not that SS has that much too talk. :lol

I think of all the Hot Toys distributors, Sideshow having a great big grumble about quality control may give Hot Toys the much needed kick in the arse that they clearly need.

While this issue may fade with time, folks don't forget and between this, Indiana Jones, Iron Man Mark V1, Hot Toys are not looking like the company they probably think they are. Unless I am forgetting one, that is three major QC issues in the space of a year.
I want Hot Toys to succeed and I love my figures but they officially need to get on top of this now.

^^^ Thanks man, just...you know...$220 is still $220.

And child support ain't getting easier. jk. But still damn. Well, just gotta wait I guess.

looks like I have a boot issue as well, the right foot wobbles and doesn't hold position well. He still stands fine I guess...how difficult is it to get a new boot?

Back