Hot Toys- Batman Begins:Batman Demon & Scarecrow spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks good Mags. Nice work.

Thanks. :D

I was pretty close to pulling the trigger on this set until I saw this...
So there's just all this space there between the body and the crotch of the pants? :dunno That's odd.

I dunno what to tell you man. It is weird. :dunno

I like the TTL 2.0 body, and I wouldn't mind having the bank manager head...maybe I'll just source a suit from somewhere else.

I think I'll be happy with the suit after my mother-in-law fixes the crotch, but I do have a hard time recommending it.

DiFabioBatman3.jpg

Joker's blow-up doll? :huh

Well I just bought Demon Batman from Ebay form 219.00 shipped. I couldn't resist, and it's the closest thing to symbiote/black suit Batman in 1/6 form we'll ever get. I just like the evil expression he has on and the design. Everytime I look at it I think, what if the venom symbiote got on Batman?

Well I just bought Demon Batman from Ebay form 219.00 shipped. I couldn't resist, and it's the closest thing to symbiote/black suit Batman in 1/6 form we'll ever get. I just like the evil expression he has on and the design. Everytime I look at it I think, what if the venom symbiote got on Batman?

That's an interesting take of the character. To me, Demon bat is Nolan-verse's Manbat. Since Nolan's Batman is in a realistic world, Man-bat only exists as a hallucination with Scarecrow's poison gas. That's also an excuse to have an additional Rogue in the collection :)

Last edited:
Is scarecrows suit the same color as Harvey Dents? I'm trying to get one but the lowest is 340 on ebay; I'd rather put one together by buying loose pieces.

So how likely will this be SDCC 2011 exclusive? Considering this was never officially released in the US.

I already have the HT scarecrow and I'd much rather HT release some new figs for SDCC, but I thought it's very possible for them to go the easy route and just release these as SDCC '11 exclusives instead since US never officially got these figures.

Plus, if you look at the going rate for these right now, it's pretty much equivalent to what SDCC exclusive with mark-ups will sell for anyway, I don't think it's that far off..

Supposedly these were "limited editions" (though the edition sizes weren't all that limited IMO). I can't imagine them opening up a new production run. And HT doesn't store all the unsold figures in a warehouse. Toy Hunters or other Asian retailers presumably received all those figures and then have to find a way to off-load them.

So, unless Sideshow strikes a deal with some Asian retailer that couldn't sell these on their own, no, I don't think these will be sold at SDCC by any major retailer.

The plastic the "custom" is made of can be bent along the bottom of the mask (just like the HT version). Beware of doing this as it is likely to make the paint flake off as can be seen here:

P1130811paint.jpg

Makes you wonder why the "custom" is so painted so dark. Surely it would've been fairly obvious after painting the first one that a different set of colors would be needed.

In the photos, I almost prefer the dark one. But I just got my Scarecrow in the mail (pretty sure it was hehateme23's pictured above) and it has the original head and the coloring is perfect. I couldn't imagine that darker one looking too good with the suit look.

Here's my scarecrow with some coloring and embellishment on the head and palms by V-Raptor

P5010041.jpg

P5010042.jpg

P5010046.jpg

P5010044.jpg

P5010045.jpg

I'm soooooooo glad that I could get it separately! :yess:

Now lookin forward for the ninja Ra's Al Ghul figure.

What kind of shoes does Dr. Crane wear when he's not on the horse? Those boots just look so off the mark...

What kind of shoes does Dr. Crane wear when he's not on the horse? Those boots just look so off the mark...

I gave him the Harvey Dent shoes. If he's wearing a suit, it figures he'd be wearing dress shoes too, right?

I don't know if the boots are just for the horse, or if that's standard Arkham Asylum issue...

Back