Hot Toys- Batman Begins:Batman Demon & Scarecrow spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Makes you wonder why the "custom" is so painted so dark. Surely it would've been fairly obvious after painting the first one that a different set of colors would be needed.

In the photos, I almost prefer the dark one. But I just got my Scarecrow in the mail (pretty sure it was hehateme23's pictured above) and it has the original head and the coloring is perfect. I couldn't imagine that darker one looking too good with the suit look.

The way it looks with the suit is growing on me.

P1130822crop.jpg

I really need to rig something up for his wrist.

Hey Mags, what fist is that on your Scarecrow.

I'm using both the left and right fists from Marcus Wright.

I also liked the dirtier darker color which is why even though I painted mine I still went with a darker dingy look.

I do have to admit it is a bit too dark though. I was gonna try and prove that the darker head is closer to screen accurate but that's gonna be a hard argument. Sometimes it may have looked that dark, but for the most part it had a normal burlap color.

Great sig btw, though I did love the Goonies!:rotfl

:rock

Goonies Never Say Die! :lecture

I really need to rig something up for his wrist.

Yeah, it really sucks that we have NO reference for what his wrist-device looked like. All we have is a few bad frames of film for the waist-device, which aren't much at all - and nothing to indicate what the wrist-device looks like.

I do have to admit it is a bit too dark though. I was gonna try and prove that the darker head is closer to screen accurate but that's gonna be a hard argument. Sometimes it may have looked that dark, but for the most part it had a normal burlap color.

Yup. It's all in the lighting, which can sometimes make it look darker on screen. Haha, I'm sure the official Hot Toys sculpt looks pretty dark at night too.

I mentioned ths briefly before, but the DC Direct Mini Statue of the Scarecrow shows off what might be the only reference to the device I've seen outside of the film itself. I have tried to do screen grabs from the movie, but it's proven difficult. I think ultimately since his coat is closed on both versions I have, I may just put some clear tubing up his sleeve and call it good.

Thanks Mags about the heads up on the Marcus Wright fists, and Haytil, I swear I'm not following you man. :1-1:

I bought the "custom" head off of ebay sort of in a hurry because it said last one. but he's added stock if anyone is interested.

Oh yeah, that was mine on ebay. Needed to unload a few pieces in my collection in order to pay for bills and invest in my store. Were you the buyer?

Yes, sir! Thank you for that incredible deal. I never thought I'd own a Scarecrow for what the prices of them go for.

Just finally ordered the Scarecrow, I payed about £167 + 20 P&P, quite alot for a standard figure but I guess the price of this fella is only going to rise from now on. Look forward to seeing him in hand :)

I went and researched the OC Batman since I now will have Scarecrow and Ra's al Ghul. Yeah... That's not happening. I wish I could build a time machine and tell myself to get the OC Batman for $50 than the TDK one and wait for the DX to pick up the TDK for less than I paid for it. Haha. Oh well. I'll hold out for a rerelease and if that never comes, it never comes. The prices are ridiculous now and I agree, the Scarecrow's only going to go up in value.

It supposedly is the HT head. I am 99.9% sure that it is. The seller claimed it was and I tried to look for any clear signs that it isn't and wasn't able to find any. I am really happy with it. I am gonna save up for the proper attire, hopefully its a decent price when I do.

I don't want to spend that much on what I have left to buy because I would just end up spending more than if I would have just bought him complete from ebay. For sure i'm not trying to go over the $250 mark.
Head, boots, 1 pair of hands cost me $100.
True Type I had on a trade.

I would like to go with the Straight Jacket look, I keep looking on the For Sale Thread to see if one pops up, rather get it from a fellow freak than ebay.

Back