Hot Toys- Batman Begins:Batman Demon & Scarecrow spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my TTL Bank Manager from YoNoSe. Wasn't sure where to post it, but since it is destined to be a Scarecrow, I thought this was the best place.

P1130454.jpg

P1130455.jpg

P1130451.jpg

P1130458.jpg

It's actually a really decent likeness:

P1130461.jpg

P1130460.jpg

FYI: This suit is very "futzing intensive". This is not the original shirt. It took three tries to get on that I felt happy with (and it's not the one from Scarecrow). I had to re-tie the tie as the knot was all wrong. The pants are very oddly tailored. The distance between the top of the belt and the crotch is absurdly long, and it's a toss up between hiking the pants up under the armpits so the crotch is in the right spot, or bringing the belt line down to the right spot so that the pants look way too long and pile up over the shoes. I found a balance between those two options and put on some different shoes/boots that allow the ankle peg to sit very high, which lengthens the leg so that the pants don't bunch up at the bottom. Only problem is that now he's too tall. :gah:

When I get the Scarecrow head (and tie) on him I will either find a pose that makes him look shorter of I'll put on the other shoes and find a way to hem the pants.

Sorry to be so long winded. In the end, I'm quite pleased with the look of the suit and have no doubt that it will work well for a Scarecrow. :peace

Thanks for the review Maglor...as I'm considering the same set. A few questions if you don't mind:

Was there an issue with the white shirt that came with?
As for the pants, you've futzed them so well, I can't really see an issue with them, although they do look a bit long in the crotchal region. :lol
(Reminds me of the Mattel Movie Masters Joker)
How does the suit compare to Hot Toys suits in terms of feel and craftsmanship? Looks nice from your pictures.
Is the headsculpt size similar to other Hot Toys sculpts - a bit small?

Thanks for the review Maglor...as I'm considering the same set. A few questions if you don't mind:

Was there an issue with the white shirt that came with?
As for the pants, you've futzed them so well, I can't really see an issue with them, although they do look a bit long in the crotchal region. :lol
(Reminds me of the Mattel Movie Masters Joker)
How does the suit compare to Hot Toys suits in terms of feel and craftsmanship? Looks nice from your pictures.
Is the headsculpt size similar to other Hot Toys sculpts - a bit small?

Don't get me wrong. I still recommend the suit. It's definitely nicer than the one that comes with Scarecrow. With the one exception of the tailoring on the pants.

All three shirts I tried could work. I just picked the one that I thought looked the best. The one that comes with it is very hard to get to look sharp at the collar. For an open collar look it would be fine. The Hot Toys shirt is sewed shut at the collar and has the opposite problem. It looks like it's choking him. But cutting the collar free would probably fix that problem.

The head is Hot Toys scale. Btw, I'm also using HT hands. It comes with two gun hands. Both left and right. No open hands.

Anyone find a good custom for the accountant that tries to blackmail Lucius yet? If not, pretty sure I'm gonna commission a custom head sculpt.

It's funny you said that because I acctually usually customize six inch scale figures ala Movie Masters and I just recently found both Lau and a Coleman Reese head sculpt that I thought would work. Believe it or not the six inch scale Marcus from Terminator Salvation looks remarkaby like Reese with a repaint. I've also seen a few 1:6 scale generic heads I thought would work, I'll post pics when I find them again. In the meantime I need Gordon, Fox, and Alfred. Can anyone tell me where to get them? Oh Please, oh please, oh please...did I say please?

In all seriousness, please do post those somewhere when you get a chance. Sorry to pick on Maglor, but I couldn't help myself :D

Spenser did some customs you might be interested in. Not sure if he is still selling them or not:

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39127

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48971

I will. I wasn't sure if their was a place here for 6" scale figures or not. I didn't want to show things that might have been frowned upon.

I think there is actually a Movie Masters thread around here somewhere. Search is wonky, though, so it might be tough to find. In general, you are right--6" figures aren't discussed much on this forum because most members aren't into those kinds of toys. But there is a place for it in the DC sub-forum.

Back