1/6 Hot Toys Batman & Batmobile - Batman Begins

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn it Papa Oats....I was not going to buy this figure. :slap

I wasn’t either but I dusted out the old iPad Pro today and got to work. I used the eyelids I designed for my TDK cowl, a screen used cowl scan, and some scans of Enterbay chins I had.

I ended up ordering the figure halfway through the design. 😂

The chin here is a placeholder I only added to verify fitment. I’ll be retexturing and adding detial to the chins before I make a full set.

4F7ED40C-3B4C-4500-8170-8C29D3945D54.jpegDA747528-3626-4183-A950-A5AD3F10E52C.jpeg
6F089983-0534-493E-A2AC-83393F36F3B8.jpeg

Wow I just realized that they didn't even include a grappling gun for the release. Damn Hot Toys...what are you doing?

Dean Knight just uploaded his review.
Hey, if you like this figure that’s ok. You may be blind and/or have 0 brain cells, but it’s ok to like this figure.
Hot toys just took a monster 💩 on this figure and yet idiots are still making excuses as to why this figure is good. Yes, it can be good if you mod it, but you shouldn’t have to for near $300 figure. Hot toys had over a decade and multiple attempts at this figure and time after time they failed.
Normally I keep my insults and mean comments to myself but I can’t hold my tongue on this. I love this movie and the Batman suit, and I’m tired of seeing people brainwash themselves into thinking hot toys did more than a 0/10 job on this figure.

There's 2 sickeners to this release

- Hot Toys has to have been aware of the customs that vastly improved on their figure for years now, yet they still solicited their same old figure for the 3rd time. And after having done so, surely they saw the outrage and the mockery it received - yet fastforward in time and they went ahead and released it as is anyway. Stubbornly ignoring years of criticism and pleading. Reminds me of the ED-209 2.0 farce.

- Secondly, this release probably means they won't put out another Begins suit for years, if ever.

- Hot Toys has to have been aware of the customs that vastly improved on their figure for years now, yet they still solicited their same old figure for the 3rd time. And after having done so, surely they saw the outrage and the mockery it received - yet fastforward in time and they went ahead and released it as is anyway. Stubbornly ignoring years of criticism and pleading. Reminds me of the ED-209 2.0 farce.

- Secondly, this release probably means they won't put out another Begins suit for years, if ever.
Good, keep them far, far, FAR away from Batman Begins. They suck at it and shouldn’t try again.

LOL

Their next release is gonna be a reissue of the 1/4 Begins figure. Wait and see.

Then another 1/6 after that just to retain the license

Dean's review is rightly brutal. Now considering getting one of the older versions from eBay to use with a custom cape and cowl.

I wasn’t either but I dusted out the old iPad Pro today and got to work. I used the eyelids I designed for my TDK cowl, a screen used cowl scan, and some scans of Enterbay chins I had.

I ended up ordering the figure halfway through the design. 😂

The chin here is a placeholder I only added to verify fitment. I’ll be retexturing and adding detial to the chins before I make a full set.

View attachment 613737View attachment 613738
View attachment 613739
Do you plan to supply a cape also?

I feel like even with a custom head and cape I still will not buy this because even the body and belt are way off and because I refuse to give hot toys my money for this.

I feel like even with a custom head and cape I still will not buy this because even the body and belt are way off and because I refuse to give hot toys my money for this.
Which is why I'm considering getting the older figure instead to combine with OT's cowl and cape.

Returning mine. Sideshow CS seems to not GAF about the Batman Armor All and I guess I have to swallow the shipping. What a waste...

Back