1/6 Hot Toys Batman & Batmobile - Batman Begins

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL love this review.
Prepared, almost determined to hate it from the "talk on-line", by the end of his review comes to terms that your never going to get great holding possibility with solid rubber suit this represent anyway, and as the out of the box gloss impact wanes it's totally grown on him. (that cape helps too), by end side by side he thaught the DX19 would look far superior, and even that he's not convinced by, he's taken to it so much. :wink1:

Is it just me that finds that video hard to watch with the belt so high and the right arm gauntlet pointing inward the whole time.? :lol:lol I'm odd I know.

Even the DX19 is posed so awkward looking. Not claiming to be a great poser of figures or anything but it hurts my eyes to see them looking so goofy and unfutzed in simple museum poses.

Is it just me that finds that video hard to watch with the belt so high and the right arm gauntlet pointing inward the whole time.? :lol:lol I'm odd I know.

Even the DX19 is posed so awkward looking. Not claiming to be a great poser of figures or anything but it hurts my eyes to see them looking so goofy and unfutzed in simple museum poses.
What do you mean? You don't think this is the pinnacle of how to properly display and present a figure?

Blasphemy.. :lol

9jHTGh4.png

Last edited:
Can someone please tell me what was so hard for Hot Toys to simply use the rubber they used on the QS 1/4 Begins figure or the DX09 Keaton or the Returns Keaton or better yet . . . the original MM67 Original Costume Bale?

I own all of those and they’re all still in great condition. Why did they feel the need to change things up? I just don’t understand them. All they needed to do was put the mix in the mold and print out a suit. No painting or gloss sheen required. Instant matte, everyone is happy. It’s like they go out of there way to sabotage these Begins figures.

Then that cape . . .

They went through all that trouble to have a two ply cape with wires and a convoluted peg system for the cape clips. Surely that is more expensive then, I don’t know, a simple velvet/rayon, one piece cut with the cape clips molded to the cowl?

Instead they blow all that money on two pieces of material, stitching it, adding the wires, etc. when all your average collector wants is a simple cape that goes around the neck hole and drapes properly. Hell, if they can’t source simple velvet/rayon why not just use the left over material they used on the DX19 cape?! For stock, that’s a nice cape.

we needa shrink the QS down to 1/6

Yeah that would've been a better!

Oh wow...so they didn't even give us a functional/wearable balaclava like the quarter scale :(...Welp there goes the night out look, for me at least

Oof I didn't realize it wasn't included. In that case then I'll just use a small piece of black cloth and put it in his hand as if he's abut to put it on and call it a day.

Mine is Currently at UPS on its way back to California hopefully sideshow gets it before Christmas for my refund

I'll be out the shipping cost to me and back to them, rather lose $40 and get back $250

Last edited:
Oof I didn't realize it wasn't included. In that case then I'll just use a small piece of black cloth and put it in his hand as if he's abut to put it on and call it a day.
No there is one included, it's just not meant to be worn like the 1/4 figure. You can have him hold it in his hand

Modified by Jianghe. Just sharing
Body definitely heavily sculpted/modded
Suit "repainted", custom gauntlet
So it seems something good can be achieved if you're willing to drop a lot of extra money lol but that belt not being able to cover the lower abs still kills it for me though.
IMG_8597.JPG
IMG_8596.JPG

IMG_8595.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back