Hot Toys - Batman 1989 - Michael Keaton

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
306097_1782932547840_1675269565_1289388_791677_n.jpg

312264_1782927707719_1675269565_1289386_5788390_n.jpg

1108242312b5bbd6793c8a5ff8.jpg

1108242312abc7bbf923a3d557.jpg

Frack me that is sensational.

If I could only have one batman it would be this version. It's just so iconic and perfect just the way it is. The only way it could be better is if it was being released today.

"It is not without emotion that we announce the end of Plastic Enemies.

We thank Tomm Wong Jr. for his kindness and availability.
He has always supported Hot Toys Community from the beginning, and we would not be here without him.
We will always remain appreciative of his quality work, superb achievements and great photos.

We encourage you to leave a message, you are fans or just grateful for everything he has done for the community of Hot Toys.

He now follows his own path, and we wish him good luck for the future.

Have a good trip my friend.

Hot Toys Community Staff"

Looking great. In fact it looks a bit improved, over the original movie suit. The original 89 batsuit looked good on film, but it didn't fare so well, upon closer scrutiny. On many promo shots, and close-ups You can see that it had a very cheap, cosplay feel to it. You know, irregular lines, rugged rubber texture. They corrected it in Batman Returns, where the suit looked more high-end. This figure also looks slightly smoother, with more regular lines to the cowl.

Still its a fantastic figure. Though personaly I still consider the new HT Begins figure(hopefully with Adam headsculpt, once it goes on sale) to be the ultimate 1/6 Batman. Still though....Keaton, childhood sentiment...its gonna be hard to pass this one.

What do you think the chances are we'll be able to fan out the cape like he does in the opening rooftop scene? It'll be hard to hold the pose but the cape should be able to spread. Also, think they gave Nike a buck n a quarter to put the swoosh on the "boots"?

Money shmoney, I want to preorder these (Joker and Bats) together and have them shipped together! :rock

I'm SO impressed!

That would be cool if they could be sent out together. Some kind of bundle pack.

Hell, the shipping would already be high, throw in the Batmobile too!

Money shmoney, I want to preorder these (Joker and Bats) together and have them shipped together! :rock

I'm SO impressed!

Wished this was a 2 in 1 set, kinda like the Scarecrow and Demon bat. I mean most people are going to buy both figures anyways, why not have them in one awesome looking set. Would be expensive but no more than if you paid for two separate figures and that way we'd get both at the same time. Hell a guy can wish huh. :lol

Edit: Difabio beat me to it.

Yea even though these pics aren't the best, this figure is definitely bought for me. That said . . . lol I am an 89 Batman nut and there are things about the face that just bug me.
I think the Keaton likeness is about 85% there, but what bugs me the most is the cowl. To me it definitely looks like a sort of artist interpretation of the actual cowl, and not a scaled attempt to copy the actual cowl. The lines and edges are too defined and rigid.
Yes this is a nit-pick type rant, but I feel much better now lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back