1/6 Hot Toys - BATMAN (1989) - Bob "The Goon"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We really shouldn't get too excited guys. There are a bunch of fan made/modded figures such as Ledger joker wearing TDK outfit. We definitely need to wait and see. I won't get excited until I see Proto pics, item description and release date.

Besides being a character from my #2 movie, Tracey Walter is one of the best character actors ever and would kick ass to have him in HT form.

Bob the Goon is my one of those figures that are useless as a side goon but totally worth the price, every penny. I want it.

If this goes up for pre order, pretty sure collectors will say,''You.......are my number one..... a buy''...

What the .......?

HT is just plain freaky. Besides 1/6th vehicles we'll never see, now they're making characters we'll never see.

That looks just like Cocoboloboy's Bob.

Last edited:
It just appears to be some attractive displays for the show using some prototype or mock up materials. With collector toys increasingly becoming a significant source of revenue from various comic/film licences (and with HT's prices, no wonder), it's no surprise they would do something like this for franchise promotion. Nice displays, some buzz for the show (and the Internet) and a bump for the HT brand. But by no means a product reveal...

I'd jump at the chance to buy Bob before any Harley Quinn figure.

Well if they can make "Giant Eyeball guy" or "Super Mario Chomper guy" for Leto's Joker, I don't see why this would be any different. I wanted a Museum Jack Joker, maybe we'll get it along with this and of course this headsculpt

wonderfultoys.gif

This, a million times.

Just thought about Michael Gough's Alfred again and realized no one played him in the movies as often (four times). He will always remain my favorite. The armory would be an amazing display piece.

I'd also love a playset of the Batcave computer console. There is a nice custom version, but it costs way too much.

I wonder if they still have the rights for Nicholson's likeness or not. I'd love a new Joker. Either that or I'll have to hunt down a DX08 or less desirable (but still a decent figure) DX14.

Hot Toys most likely lost the Nicholson license. It's either a case by case or it's signed for a limited time say 3 years.
It's not worth it to pursue Nicholson again when you are only making just 1 more figure
Considering last time they end up making 2 Joker figures.

Then they should make more this time and SHIP 'EM ALL!

- Jack Napier / Grissom's Office Joker DX
- Museum Joker
- Mob meeting Joker with flesh-painted skin
- Alternate outfit Joker (green shirt and bowtie)
- Joker commerical Joker DX with model cut-outs and lots of Brand X products

Then they should make more this time and SHIP 'EM ALL!

- Jack Napier / Grissom's Office Joker DX
- Museum Joker
- Mob meeting Joker with flesh-painted skin
- Alternate outfit Joker (green shirt and bowtie)
- Joker commerical Joker DX with model cut-outs and lots of Brand X products

Keeping in mind they could make even more revenue if they produced he and Keaton in 1/4 Scale. God, it's such a tremendous disappointment what they did with that likeness. You'd think they'd have wanted to milk it as much as possible with how they kept talking about paying for it, but, nope, they **** the bed, when it comes to that line's potential.

Glass half full: at least we got three great figures and a Batmobile out of it.

What the .......?

HT is just plain freaky. Besides 1/6th vehicles we'll never see, now they're making characters we'll never see.

That looks just like Cocoboloboy's Bob.

:lol That's what thought. I sold my last one a while back. HT's jacket is a bit too bright but other than that I thought it was mine at first glance.

image.jpeg

Back