Hot Toys Bane 2.0 (The Dark Knight Rises)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll probably pick this up, but not for a while. Maybe even after all of the pre-orders are shipped. The shipping window is January through June, so there doesn't seem to be any urgency with him.

I agree that it does look good, certainly head and shoulders above the existing HT version I already have, but I just can't unsee that head. It seems to be really undersized to me. The body looks fantastic, though.

InArt clearly does rooted hair better, but for Bane, that is a non-issue. I think with HT having a jump start with seamless techniques, my money would be on them for Bane.
That was my thought process. I also like the exaggerated proportions of this figure as I always like thinking of Bane as an absolute behemoth.

InArt will do a cool base and potentially a better diorama, which would be my only incentive to pick up a second version of the character- although he does have several distinct looks that are potentially worth displaying… We shall see.

I was buying this until InArt stated they were doing it.

o5JJELw.jpg

Glad I saw the thread yesterday and I pre-ordered right before it hit waitlisted.

I’ll probably add myself to the waitlist or I’ll just wait to get it when it releases. Some people have reasonably ruined this figure for me and now I’m left wishing INART did their own, but at their rate, it may never come.

I even bought the brown sweater from the original release for this shortly after it was announced.

Decisions, decisions..

How did others ruin it for you? Do you mean because they were picking it apart due to accuracy or proportions or something?
Yes and yes lol. There’s quite a bit of things that are off with this figure. However, it’s still really good! I’ll probably end up getting it and can always sell if a better version comes out in the future.

I’ll probably add myself to the waitlist or I’ll just wait to get it when it releases. Some people have reasonably ruined this figure for me and now I’m left wishing INART did their own, but at their rate, it may never come.
Part of the problem with being part of a place like this at times unfortunately :LOL:

My brother (who knows of Hot Toys/InArt/JND but collects mostly vintage toys and rare comics) saw my collection in person for the first time this Christmas and was blown away by pretty much everything. Even when I would say "yea, but xyz are inaccurate on this figure and that figure" he would still just be in total amazement and say things like "yea but these still look freaking cool dude." It sort of made me wish I had that sort of blind-eye on these things at times rather than being so zoned in at the macro micro level.

Last edited:
Y
Part of the problem with being part of a place like this at times unfortunately :LOL:

My brother (who knows of Hot Toys/InArt/JND but collects mostly vintage toys and rare comics) saw my collection in person for the first time this Christmas and was blown away by pretty much everything. Even when I would say "yea, but xyz are inaccurate on this figure and that figure" he would still just be in total amazement and say things like "yea but these still look freaking cool dude." It sort of made me wish I had that sort of blind-eye on these things at times rather than being so zoned in at the macro level.
You mean micro level? Essentially the little things that people here get worked up on

Back