Hot Toys Back to the Future DX?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone else find vampirehunterg to be a post spamming HT hater? :panic:

hatergonnahateJoker.jpg

Lets look a T2 from hot toys a non dx then look at there new dx- added parts, eye movement and real leather outfit new stand. I would say that its good for a dx. Whats wrong with doing two warranted versions its only like sideshow and hot toys used to be. Sideshow was £30-60 for a Arnold T2 figure and the same T2 Arnold from hot toys was £75-100 but you knew the quality of the item went hand in hand with the money.

Does anybody know when Hot Toys is set to reveal these figures?:impatient:

If they cant get permission from that many people for likeness-use, i have a feeling that they will do at least 4 Marty's in different outfits worn throughout the trilogy.
1: 1985 Marty with biohazard suit as an extra
2: 1955 Marty in his suit
3: 2015 Marty dressed like his son
4: 1885 Marty in his cowboy clothes

If they cant get permission from that many people for likeness-use, i have a feeling that they will do at least 4 Marty's in different outfits worn throughout the trilogy.
1: 1985 Marty with biohazard suit as an extra
2: 1955 Marty in his suit
3: 2015 Marty dressed like his son
4: 1885 Marty in his cowboy clothes

I really don't see Hot Toys doing 4 Martys--after all He's not JOKER:lol

I really do see a 1985 Marty with the 2015 Jacket/cap/shoes --kind of like how they did Joker DX01 and Indiana Jones with two outfits. Maybe a 1885 Marty as a convention exclusive. I'm more concerned that they would do Marty and the Delorean and not Doc Brown.

Honestly, i think it would be hard to keep myself from getting every figure made in the line. "Back To The Future" is my favorite film of all time. However, the only figures i feel are really necessary for Hot Toys to make are Marty( of course), Doc Brown( of course ), and a young Biff.:monkey1

Also, Marty is a much more awesome character than the Joker. Unfortunately Hot Toys loves to focus on the super hero films. At least "The Dark Knight" is the best super hero film ever and is worthy of such treatment. The Avengers,..now thats a whole other story.:gah:

Also, Marty is a much more awesome character than the Joker. Unfortunately Hot Toys loves to focus on the super hero films. At least "The Dark Knight" is the best super hero film ever and is worthy of such treatment. The Avengers,..now thats a whole other story.:gah:
Actually, Hot Toys loves to focus on stuff that sells. Just so happens that the primary audience for their stuff loves Nolan Batman and Marvel U figures.

This line will almost certainly break my 'one figure character per actor' rule.

Doc Brown is the figure that will need multiple figures...just think about it:

1985 Doc (with white suit/plutonium chamber/remote/bulletproof jacket)
1955 Doc (trenchcoated for final courthouse scene - plus his mind-reading device as an added bonus)
2015 Doc with future outfit
1885 Doc (western outfit)

While Hot Toys may be able to get away with a 1985/2015 Marty due to the relatively few costume bits needing to be changed - this is not the same for Doc. I could maybe see 1985 Doc with a bonus 2015 outfit--but 1955 Doc would require a different headsculpt as well. If you pair these up you get:

1985/2015 Marty and Doc
1885 Marty and Doc (convention exclusive )

Where does this leave 1955 Doc? 1955 Marty isn't iconic enough for an entire figure and I don't see them releasing more Docs than Martys any more than I see a DX Doc Brown with both 1985/2015/1955 outfits.

I am guessing it is probably most likely that we would only get one Marty and one Doc and that each would represent the most "iconic" look. I challenge Hot Toys to prove me wrong!!!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back