Hot Toys Back to the Future DX?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a huge shame they don't do many classics these days.

I'm not expecting anything more than Marty from this line with the way they work.

I'd buy from it though:

Marty '80s + radiation suit
Marty '50s "Disguise"
Marty 2015

Doc '80s
Doc '50s (if 50's Marty is made)
Doc 2015

Delorean

Maybe's

Marty 1885
Doc 1885
Maddog Tannen
Biff Tannen '50's
Griff Tannen

So that's about 2/12 that'd likely be made :(

HT only milk a line when it sells well, take the Platoon line, great figures but not great sellers. Im thinking HT will do a Marty and the DeLorean and if they sell well then Doc, Biff, Strickland. Ok maybe not strickland. :lecture

I see Marty, Delorean (FOR SURES) and Doc, if they can secure the likeness with Lloyd. Otherwise, Nothing else. Im not expecting more than those two and the vehicle.

That's all I'm expecting too. It's wishful thinking to expect any other figures.

HT only milk a line when it sells well, take the Platoon line, great figures but not great sellers. Im thinking HT will do a Marty and the DeLorean and if they sell well then Doc, Biff, Strickland. Ok maybe not strickland. :lecture

Not true, they had all the Avengers ready and up for order before the first one even released. So they milked that before they made $0

Not true, they had all the Avengers ready and up for order before the first one even released. So they milked that before they made $0

Right, because HT hadn't done any IM, Thor, Captain America, etc. figures before The Avengers.

I see Marty, Delorean (FOR SURES) and Doc, if they can secure the likeness with Lloyd. Otherwise, Nothing else. Im not expecting more than those two and the vehicle.

I would be very happy with those three. I am ready to PO all of them for the 2014 ship date, what is the holdup :impatient:

You serious?:cuckoo:
Most of these figures (in previous incarnations) sold well already, prior to the Avengers. I think that is why they went ahead. Not to mention it is one of the biggest movies of all time.

Yep. Didnt have anything to do with that. At all. :lol

You telling me you don't they milked it because of a the hype the film was getting up to a year prior its release? And since most of the characters already had releases that sold well, didn't have something to do with them fast tracking their recent releases?
the statement was that HT worked on the Avengers figures before the film even made any money. Well... those are factors that change things.
I know Back to the Future is a popular franchise, but it is an old franchise that they might feel needs to get the word out on.

You telling me you don't they milked it because of a the hype the film was getting up to a year prior its release? And since most of the characters already had releases that sold well, didn't have something to do with them fast tracking their recent releases?
the statement was that HT worked on the Avengers figures before the film even made any money. Well... those are factors that change things.
I know Back to the Future is a popular franchise, but it is an old franchise that they might feel needs to get the word out on.

Im saying I dont think we would be seeing Agent Coulson or the Chitauri Warrior if the film didnt do as well as it did.

And I dont think BttF needs word of mouth on. Look at Terminator, Aliens, Predator, these franchises have been around just as long abd they still sell like hot cakes. BttF has a large cult following/fan base. HT wont have trouble selling this line.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

And I dont think BttF needs word of mouth on. Look at Terminator, Aliens, Predator, these franchises have been around just as long abd they still sell like hot cakes. BttF has a large cult following/fan base. HT wont have trouble selling this line.

:exactly:

People have such short memories today, it's all bout the current hit thing, even as going as far as stating something released mere months ago is better or more popular than time-tested classic franchises like those you mentioned above.

Does anybody else find Hot Toys DX figures as just a blatant money grabing scheme?
Well. . .yeah. In fairness, HT is a money grubbing company. But the googly eyes scarcely makes figures special enough to be promoted as something significantly better than a regular MMS release. In fact, they are often quite the opposite in making figures' likenesses worse off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back