Hot Toys - Back to the Future - 1/6 DeLorean Time Machine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah the Ecto-1 definitely looks impressive in terms of size, but I really wonder just how high-quality it'll look in hand. And how much it'll look like the actual metal car with its glossy white paint job.... or how much it'll look like just an oversized plastic car with a bunch of plastic parts on top. From the pics and videos so far, it seems like it could go either way.

Yeah, the pics have certainly suggested it's straddling a high end collectible and a big toy plastic car that might have come in an open "try me" box at TRU.

Yeah the Ecto-1 definitely looks impressive in terms of size, but I really wonder just how high-quality it'll look in hand. And how much it'll look like the actual metal car with its glossy white paint job.... or how much it'll look like just an oversized plastic car with a bunch of plastic parts on top. From the pics and videos so far, it seems like it could go either way.

Excellent point- even some pics of it look like a big plastic toy- the glossy white body- and there is alot of it- tends to look like a toy

Excellent point- even some pics of it look like a big plastic toy- the glossy white body- and there is alot of it- tends to look toy-like

Yeah, the pics have certainly suggested it's straddling a high end collectible and a big toy plastic car that might have come in an open "try me" box at TRU.

I would like to have it to display with the Ghostbusters and the Delorean. But under scrutiny it does not look like a $1600 high end replica. At least parts of it don't. The price is the real problem here, but there has been talk that vehicles can't be made for a realistic price anymore post Delorean(see cockpit). Not sure exactly why? I remember thinking this would be around 800-900 before the actual price was announced.

Honestly if there's another 1/6 vehicle I feel tempted to get right now it's the '89 Batmobile. I never paid much attention to it before, but looking at it now it does seem to look very cool on display. And like something that would make for a better companion piece with my DeLorean than the Ecto-1. Just not sure I wanna pay $1000 for it.

I would like to have it to display with the Ghostbusters and the Delorean. But under scrutiny it does not look like a $1600 high end replica. At least parts of it don't. The price is the real problem here, but there has been talk that vehicles can't be made for a realistic price anymore post Delorean(see cockpit). Not sure exactly why? I remember thinking this would be around 800-900 before the actual price was announced.

I will let you know how it looks whenever mine arrives (2019 or 2024 who knows :lol). I can't see it not looking good with my Delorean and 89 Batmobile.
Howard said at last years SDCC that if they made the BvS Batmobile it would cost $2000. That is four times the cost of the Tumbler. I think it's just the cost of building large scale pieces in China has increased dramatically over the last few years.
I have no proof but i cannot see how they did not lose money on the Hulkbuster. I have one and it's very impressive for the price they sold them for.

Curious if anyone who was holding out for a Part II Delorean caved yet and picked up a Part I now that it’s pretty obvious this it it.

Curious if anyone who was holding out for a Part II Delorean caved yet and picked up a Part I now that it’s pretty obvious this it it.

I only want the PTII version. But I got this one from SS at the start just in case the PTII one never materialised.
I was just hedging my bets. But it’s still in its box, lol.

That's a very large box to have sitting around unopened for 2 years! :D

I'm debating now if I want to go through with modding mine into a Pt II, but it does seem like a big undertaking. And honestly I'm kinda liking it now as just a Pt I DeLorean...

That's a very large box to have sitting around unopened for 2 years! :D

It's sitting in a side storeroom at work, along with about 20 unopened HT figures, and my entire figure collection on a shelf, lol. We moved house in 2014, and i have never had a chance to put it all back on display. I am thinking of putting them all up for sale.

I'm debating now if I want to go through with modding mine into a Pt II, but it does seem like a big undertaking. And honestly I'm kinda liking it now as just a Pt I DeLorean...

It's a beautiful piece, as is. I just want to be able to display it hovering.

It's sitting in a side storeroom at work, along with about 20 unopened HT figures, and my entire figure collection on a shelf, lol. We moved house in 2014, and i have never had a chance to put it all back on display. I am thinking of putting them all up for sale.

That's scary. I hope nothing is wrong with any of the unopened ones.

I was always gonna buy all versions if they ever got made, which now they wont sadly. The part 1 still wasnt detailed enough though so i added a few tiny things that really improve the look quite a bit.

00.jpg

If people were to mod the car into the hover one, i cant see it being a huge job really. If you want all the lights then that will involve some work as dismantaling the car is quite an involved, delicate thing.

Still, im happy that we have this one. It looks great on display

A.jpg
IMG_2801.jpg
IMG_2893.jpg

I really want a Delorean, was hoping part 2 would be re release so i can pick up the original for cheaper. I guess ill have to keep checking ebay to find one for the right price.

I was saving up Reward Points for the next Delorean or the 1966 Batmobile. Whichever came first was going to be mine.

Now I use just reward points to wipe my tears away.

Still mad at myself for missing this one - it leaves a huge hole it my collection...
Wish the part 2 was a reality

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I asked Sideshow about this during their Live Show chat;

Me: Why were the 1966 Batmobile and BTTF 2 Delorean taken off the RSVP page? Was this an official decision from Hot Toys?

Sideshow (Wyck): Most likely our confidence in the projects happening decreased significantly - but that's not an official statement

Me: So you're saying there's still a chance!?! I always have hope

Sideshow (Wyck): hehe - always a chance

I contacted sideshow as well today regarding the HT part 2 DeLorean ( I too was saving my points)

"(11:35:18 PM) Michelle: hmmmm so far we have not heard much on this, but I would not lose hope! if we ever do get confirmation we will be sure to send out the announcement :) "

They do have the kids Logic 1/20 DeLorean part 2 up for pre-order at $250 Looks pretty accurate, kind of small, wish it was bigger

dd.jpg

Back