Hot Toys - Back to the Future - 1/6 DeLorean Time Machine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just recently purchased a sealed Delorean which was originally bought from Sideshow off a second hand.
The Delorean came in brand new packaging and was in perfect sealed condition. I took it out, and during inspection, realized that only the front lights work. No lights go on in the cabin, flux or back tail lights. Can anybody point me in the right direction on how to get to these wires that control the lights? We have a shop that can fix the electrical issue or replace any fuse if necessary, but cracking the thing open is another story. Please help!!!

Just recently purchased a sealed Delorean which was originally bought from Sideshow off a second hand.
The Delorean came in brand new packaging and was in perfect sealed condition. I took it out, and during inspection, realized that only the front lights work. No lights go on in the cabin, flux or back tail lights. Can anybody point me in the right direction on how to get to these wires that control the lights? We have a shop that can fix the electrical issue or replace any fuse if necessary, but cracking the thing open is another story. Please help!!!

Anyone that has done it before and willing to help us remove the back ends of the Delorean successfully to get to the wires I will paypal you $40.00
Please PM me if you know how thanks!

I wonder if they’ll ever officially scrap the Part II Delorean or if it will just fade away.

I think they'll probably scrap it. As nice as it would be to have I don't think it'll sell as much just simply because so many people already bought the first one. These things are big, which makes double dipping all the harder.

HT has teased several vehicles over the years and none of them have materialised, 66 Batmobile, BvS Batmobile, Falcon cockpit, Rey's speeder bike. I think it's safe to say the Flying DeLorean can be added to that list. It was incredibly stupid of them to think collectors would be willing to buy 2 versions of the DeLorean.

I probably would have bought both. But I agree with Dave that it would not make sense to release it a long while after the figures that go with it. Too bad, I would be curious to see the price of the Mr. Fusion nowadays. The part 1 delorean was an absolute steal compared to the Ecto-1.

I don't know about that. The Ecto-1 seems like a much better piece. I love my Delorean, but the Ecto-1 just blows me away. Not to mention the size difference.

ecto1-1.jpg

I don't know about that. The Ecto-1 seems like a much better piece. I love my Delorean, but the Ecto-1 just blows me away. Not to mention the size difference.

View attachment 408363

I know there is a big difference in size, but is the cost of plastic really that high?

I also question some of the decisions that appear to have been made by Blitzway regarding the Ecto. It's been awhile but I have watched the proto video they made several times and some of the exterior like the trim around the windows looks cheap and so do some of the greeblies up top. Also they clearly spent a good amount of time and money making what's under the hood look nice, I would rarely open it. The lights and sound are great in that video, but what about a year down the line when/if they fail?

I realize the Delorean is far from a perfect replica but it was $730 shipped and looks terrific on display.

Ecto looks cool and is impressive, without question and I want it. But 1600-1700 bucks shipped borders on madness and my tolerance for blowing money on toys is pretty high.

I know there is a big difference in size, but is the cost of plastic really that high?

It's not so much the amount of plastic involved (partly correct), it's the size of the tooling required. Larger moulds require bigger machines to accommodate them. The investment in the tooling has to be made up by the final cost of the product. The cost can be reduced by simplifying some of the detail, which would be unacceptable to the typical 1/6 collector. This is why some large scale plastic models are sometimes no more detailed than their smaller scale counterparts.

I realize the Delorean is far from a perfect replica but it was $730 shipped and looks terrific on display.

Agreed. But with a couple little mods, the overall look is improved ten fold

View attachment 408433

It's not so much the amount of plastic involved (partly correct), it's the size of the tooling required. Larger moulds require bigger machines to accommodate them. The investment in the tooling has to be made up by the final cost of the product. The cost can be reduced by simplifying some of the detail, which would be unacceptable to the typical 1/6 collector. This is why some large scale plastic models are sometimes no more detailed than their smaller scale counterparts.

Whilst that is true, at least 90% of tooling for the delorean already exists. A few extra lights, wires, mr fusion, a different license plate sticker and folding wheels is all that is required. Thing is, for whatever reason, the price of these toys are going up. Part 1 marty was around £170 yet part 2 marty is around £230. If the part 2 delorean was to release now, it would easily be around £900, at least £300 to £400 more than the part 1 version.

I expect Hot toys arent gonna release any more vehicles mostly down to price. Iirc the part 1 delorean was the last vehicle they released and the part 2 one theyve shown is nothing more than a modified part 1. All the mods i made to mine to get it to a decent standard has to all be done again on the hover version. Its exactly the same with zero improvements. I also think the bttf line is dead. HT have their hands full with marvel mostly. If the part2 delorean had gone up for PO i would have bought it. However i wouldnt now as im saving for an actual delorean

I also question some of the decisions that appear to have been made by Blitzway regarding the Ecto. It's been awhile but I have watched the proto video they made several times and some of the exterior like the trim around the windows looks cheap and so do some of the greeblies up top. Also they clearly spent a good amount of time and money making what's under the hood look nice, I would rarely open it. The lights and sound are great in that video, but what about a year down the line when/if they fail?

Ecto looks cool and is impressive, without question and I want it. But 1600-1700 bucks shipped borders on madness and my tolerance for blowing money on toys is pretty high.

Yeah the Ecto-1 definitely looks impressive in terms of size, but I really wonder just how high-quality it'll look in hand. And how much it'll look like the actual metal car with its glossy white paint job.... or how much it'll look like just an oversized plastic car with a bunch of plastic parts on top. From the pics and videos so far, it seems like it could go either way.

Yeah the Ecto-1 definitely looks impressive in terms of size, but I really wonder just how high-quality it'll look in hand. And how much it'll look like the actual metal car with its glossy white paint job.... or how much it'll look like just an oversized plastic car with a bunch of plastic parts on top. From the pics and videos so far, it seems like it could go either way.

Couple that with the less than spectacular QC on the Busters themselves and you get some major issues especially on a piece this big with so many electronics. People had issues getting small parts for the figures, just image scuffs/scrapes or electronic issues on this piece.

Back