Hot Toys - Back to the Future - 1/6 DeLorean Time Machine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With the eagle moss looking like it's a two plus year endeavor and going to run about 1400 bucks USD - and despite the premium lighting - it's 1/8 scale and more than double the HT retail for the 1/6.

Do I have my facts straight on the eagle moss? Anyone taking the eagle moss over the HT as their time machine?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With the eagle moss looking like it's a two plus year endeavor and going to run about 1400 bucks USD - and despite the premium lighting - it's 1/8 scale and more than double the HT retail for the 1/6.

Do I have my facts straight on the eagle moss? Anyone taking the eagle moss over the HT as their time machine?

I just ordered the Hot Toys version and was going to do the Eagle Moss build for fun. It is more expensive but it's kind of like having a subscription to a magazine or loot crate..Im pretty much doing it for the journey and the fun to see it come altogether....but it is pretty expensive in long haul. Your facts are right.

I have the first release HT Delorean and just started the Eagle moss version.. Mostly to take a break from the Deago Falcon.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I have the first release HT Delorean and just started the Eagle moss version.. Mostly to take a break from the Deago Falcon.

What issue are you on and how has the delivery consistency been week to week from Eagle Moss? Just curious on what to expect. Thanks.

What issue are you on and how has the delivery consistency been week to week from Eagle Moss? Just curious on what to expect. Thanks.

I get my first two issues tomorrow as I just started. I have heard good and bad things about CS, but for the most part the UK guys like the kit, so figure the US guys should too.

Its worth any hassle you may get. I havent had any yet except I had to get a replacement part once which was easily sorted.

Ive been hording issues and had 20 issues to get through. I started from where I left off at issue 18 today. I got through about 5 issues as Ive been weathering and adding decals. Here is my engine now. Im not going mad like ive seen some go as you wont really see it but I couldnt leave it clean and shiny either

20170910_181311.jpg

Its worth any hassle you may get. I havent had any yet except I had to get a replacement part once which was easily sorted.

Ive been hording issues and had 20 issues to get through. I started from where I left off at issue 18 today. I got through about 5 issues as Ive been weathering and adding decals. Here is my engine now. Im not going mad like ive seen some go as you wont really see it but I couldnt leave it clean and shiny either

View attachment 364938

Engine looks nice.

I just ordered this guy through BBTS. What are the must have improvements to make it more accurate and less empty inside?

Saw this displayed at universal studios in los angeles this weekend, they wanted $1250 for the deLorean and $450 for marty

Saw this displayed at universal studios in los angeles this weekend, they wanted $1250 for the deLorean and $450 for marty

My local comic shop is selling it less then retail, but I already have it. Most of his stuff is at retail or below. Not a lot of toy collectors go there, more Comics and Vinyl.

Would have been nice for one of the customizers to put together a package with:

- Car Mats
- Extra Wiring Bundles
- Metal License Plate
- Lightning Road and Hook
- Various Prop Papers

I would have bought that in a heartbeat.

Would have been nice for one of the customizers to put together a package with:

- Car Mats
- Extra Wiring Bundles
- Metal License Plate
- Lightning Road and Hook
- Various Prop Papers

I would have bought that in a heartbeat.

They are very easy to do yourself except the plate. Ive managed to do all the rest and im a complete noob.

20170527_135546.jpg
20170801_214412.jpg

You know after looking at this thing everyday since I got it. I didn't think the line on the front A piller would bug me as much as it does.... But dam does it ever! Anyone else botherd by this?
6f1efc6c77e9800d8cb5b491d307c187.jpg

Sent from my F8131 using Tapatalk

It did at first, but what can we do? This is how mines displayed so i never really see the A pillar which i guess helps

20171001_181919.jpg

You know after looking at this thing everyday since I got it. I didn't think the line on the front A piller would bug me as much as it does.... But dam does it ever! Anyone else botherd by this?
6f1efc6c77e9800d8cb5b491d307c187.jpg

Sent from my F8131 using Tapatalk

It's definitely a strange choice they made here. Is there any structural reason that HT changed this?

I've been holding on to my reward points in case they drop the DeLorean from part 2, will they ever!?

Back