Hot Toys - Back to the Future - 1/6 DeLorean Time Machine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, that's the one. :)

1004614922-Biff_Back_to_the_Future_no_gun.jpeg

So I have just picked up the puredisplay case for my DeLorean and wondering how best to get it on the wall.
https://www.puredisplay.com/pureshop/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=4747

I don't have enough floor space for a coffee table or furniture like that. Ideally it needs to be on a shelf but is that possible? Don't generally see shelving that deep around. I lack imagination for this. :lol

So I have just picked up the puredisplay case for my DeLorean and wondering how best to get it on the wall.
https://www.puredisplay.com/pureshop/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=4747

I don't have enough floor space for a coffee table or furniture like that. Ideally it needs to be on a shelf but is that possible? Don't generally see shelving that deep around. I lack imagination for this. :lol

Maybe one of those wall mounts for microwave ovens is something for you.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Cabletech-Microwave-Mount-Bracket-Console/dp/B00SVCXAOC/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1495045411&sr=8-7&keywords=microwave+wall+mount

Just put a piece of wood or something else on it.

Maybe one of those wall mounts for microwave ovens is something for you.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Cabletech-Microwave-Mount-Bracket-Console/dp/B00SVCXAOC/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1495045411&sr=8-7&keywords=microwave+wall+mount

Just put a piece of wood or something else on it.

I didn't realise how cheap it was to get wood cut to size. I can get a sheet of melamine faced chipboard to my exact specification, 18mm thick, for barely over £10. With big strong brackets it should easily take the weight of the car?

I didn't realise how cheap it was to get wood cut to size. I can get a sheet of melamine faced chipboard to my exact specification, 18mm thick, for barely over £10. With big strong brackets it should easily take the weight of the car?

If you are going for floating brackets, it's debatable. But if you use traditional L-brackets, it should be fine. The guide is that the lower down the brackets extend below the shelf, the more weight is transferred to the wall over a larger surface area.

If you are going for floating brackets, it's debatable. But if you use traditional L-brackets, it should be fine. The guide is that the lower down the brackets extend below the shelf, the more weight is transferred to the wall over a larger surface area.

Definitely L-brackets, no way I'd risk floating ones. Most of the one's I'm looking at say they take between 50 and 75kg. It's going on a proper exterior wall to so hopefully no danger of it falling down. :lol

Alright then do you guys think that the Delorean mark 2 hover version will be shown at SDCC ? Lets take bets on it..

It will be shown but i still believe it will never happen. Tbh, part2 marty and doc are my only POs and once i have them, im out of the game. I cant justify spending over £220 on a figure and if the hover delorean happens, i see that will be at least £700 which is ridiculous considering how innaccurate it will be.

It will be shown but i still believe it will never happen. Tbh, part2 marty and doc are my only POs and once i have them, im out of the game. I cant justify spending over £220 on a figure and if the hover delorean happens, i see that will be at least £700 which is ridiculous considering how innaccurate it will be.

Yeah i feel ya i'm getting Marty and the Doc and either the Blitzway Ecto-1 or the Hot Toys Delorean hover version and then like you i'm gonna call it quits on this hobby.

I would get the ecto myself as im willing to bet it will be more accurate than the delorean. However, i already have the part 1 delorean which sways my decision a bit. Still, the prices are getting out of hand. Its not really been a gradual increase either. Its jumped from £180 to £230. Thats £50!!!

If a part3 marty and doc happen, i will probably get those but i dont see it happening. I think the bttf line is dead after part2

I would get the ecto myself as im willing to bet it will be more accurate than the delorean. However, i already have the part 1 delorean which sways my decision a bit. Still, the prices are getting out of hand. Its not really been a gradual increase either. Its jumped from £180 to £230. Thats £50!!!

If a part3 marty and doc happen, i will probably get those but i dont see it happening. I think the bttf line is dead after part2

Sadly I'm inclined to agree. You'd expect given Batman's appeal the BVS Batmobile would be a bigger seller than the DeLorean so if they cancel that it's hard to see them making the hover DeLorean now. Obviously I hope I'm wrong.

I'm hoping the future 1/8 eagle moss Delorean comes to the US. I already have the part I Delorean, and if the time circuits don't light up on the part II, don't think I can justify the cost to basically have 2 of the same car.

I'm hoping the future 1/8 eagle moss Delorean comes to the US. I already have the part I Delorean, and if the time circuits don't light up on the part II, don't think I can justify the cost to basically have 2 of the same car.

It will be going to the US. I think eaglemoss and universal are in disscussions about how to distribute it.

Im willing to bet the time circuits will not light up on the part 2 version

It will be going to the US. I think eaglemoss and universal are in disscussions about how to distribute it.

Im willing to bet the time circuits will not light up on the part 2 version

You aren't too impressed with the HT Delorean? It's a bummer the time circuits arent lit but apart from that I still think it's pretty awesome. Only had it a couple of weeks though.

Ive modded it a little and am happier with it but it should have been so much better considering the detail theyve gone to on their previous cars. Its the interior that i had problems with. Its so bear and clean. I also had to make a lightning rod too

photostudio_1478563586243.jpg
20160917_190603.jpg
20160917_190636.jpg
20160917_190009.jpg
photostudio_1474138446416.jpg

Ive modded it a little and am happier with it but it should have been so much better considering the detail theyve gone to on their previous cars. Its the interior that i had problems with. Its so bear and clean. I also had to make a lightning rod too

View attachment 342783
View attachment 342785
View attachment 342786
View attachment 342787
View attachment 342784

I agree. The bare inside is an easier fix though. The time circuits not lighting up bothers me and the blue white headlights. I wish the headlight were more yellow white. Don't get me wrong though, I still love it. I wouldn't have spent $800 if I didn't. I do think it is overpriced, but how many companies are going to make a 1/6 time machine? The eagle moss has me really excited though.

I agree. The bare inside is an easier fix though. The time circuits not lighting up bothers me and the blue white headlights. I wish the headlight were more yellow white. Don't get me wrong though, I still love it. I wouldn't have spent $800 if I didn't. I do think it is overpriced, but how many companies are going to make a 1/6 time machine? The eagle moss has me really excited though.

Great work you've done there sirdoctor. Was that coloured wiring very tricky to do?

I thought the time circuits did light up when they first showed the part 1 prototype. Love to know why they decided against it in production, can't have saved that much money surely.

Back