Hot Toys - Back to the Future - 1/6 DeLorean Time Machine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"This is heavy." - Marty Mcfly

20160627_215740.jpg
20160627_220020.jpg
20160627_220100.jpg
20160627_220206.jpg
20160627_215939.jpg

My Delorean came today!!! Holy crap is this car huge. I can't wait to put it together tomorrow. I'll post some pics when I have everything setup.

Went to a hobby shop today to get the Testors clear matte coat spray for the decals I purchased off here. The guy asked what I was working on... I explained. He suggested applying a clear coat spray, then the decal, then a drop of decal solvent, then a clear matte coat spray. Anybody else use this method? I'm super paranoid trying all this different stuff on a $700 model without knowing for sure that it works.

View attachment 272689View attachment 272690View attachment 272691Well here is my holy grail of collectibles and I am so pleased with the finished acrylic display case which I finished assembling this afternoon.
It is fully remote controlled and has a vast array of different colours and brightness levels.
Comments appreciated and I hope you all like it.View attachment 272663View attachment 272664View attachment 272665View attachment 272666View attachment 272667View attachment 272668

Hi

What's référence ac/dc for delorean please

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk

Went to a hobby shop today to get the Testors clear matte coat spray for the decals I purchased off here. The guy asked what I was working on... I explained. He suggested applying a clear coat spray, then the decal, then a drop of decal solvent, then a clear matte coat spray. Anybody else use this method? I'm super paranoid trying all this different stuff on a $700 model without knowing for sure that it works.

I'd worry about using all that stuff on rubber. Let us know how you get on if you are brave enough to risk it.

I'd worry about using all that stuff on rubber. Let us know how you get on if you are brave enough to risk it.

Yeah that's my fear. I wish I had something to do a trial run with. I could test with the Ibanez decals since I don't have the EX and don't plan on using them. I'll definitely let you guys know the results.

I used 7-Strand Tinned Copper 0.2mm Wire. Colours I got were grey, yellow, green, red and blue. If youre in the UK, search ebay listing number 151320037891.they bend and keep their shape. I then used a black wash to weather them to dull the brightness a bit and then used a spray lacquer to seal the paint. No glue has been used. It took me quite a while to make it look like the wires are attached to the black box on the dash. Next to no room at all to maneuver and very fiddly.

The wheel decals have 2 sizes as the front and back wheels are slightly different in size. The bigger set are for the back and the smaller ones for the front and battery cover

My display at present. Have still yet to sort the lighting. I also spent today printing and making some 1/6th props. On the bonnet is the letter, map, envelope and time circuit schematic. Drivers seat has docs flux drawing, martys letter warning doc he will be shot and the envelope and martys photo with brother and sister (that was a bad mother custom). Sitting on top of the radio is the bad mother sports almanac and my blue blast from the past receipt. By the gear shift is georges book a match made in space. On the passengers side are martys accessories. By the hoverboard are both versions of the usa today papers. Its been a fun day

View attachment 272909

Looks great sirdoctor. I'm in the process of customizing mine as well. Where were you able to print the 1/6 props? Do you have a link?

Would like to have a go at getting something like these together myself :)

Hunter, Ive never worked with water decals before... If I end up wanting to remove them, is that difficult?

Yes they are easy to peel off.

I wouldnt do any of that myself, too risky. All ive done is apply the decals and left them at that. They havent come off at all yet.

Looks great sirdoctor. I'm in the process of customizing mine as well. Where were you able to print the 1/6 props? Do you have a link?

Would like to have a go at getting something like these together myself :)

I have them on a cd from years back. I had to print them off at various sizes just to get the right scale. You could probably google image them and get them that way.

Hi guys, while Im going through this rather lengthy awesome thread was wondering if anyone has found a power adapter and a scale plutonium case for our Time Machine? Thanks for any help.

Back