Hot Toys - Back to the Future - 1/6 DeLorean Time Machine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well said fella ..... yes the plate is maybe a little rich but believe you me it's worth it to me instead of that **** sticker !

Agreed.
I was able to justify it by reminding myself that I got the DeLorean completely paid for with RPs.

The acrylic top came for the tank. Just have to cut a little notch for the adapter cable. Overall looks pretty good. I do need to put something on the bottom to lift the Delorean up higher. The bottom black edge obstructs the view of the wheels by a good half an inch. Next step is to put some LED strip lights on the top black edges.

Attachments

• IMG_5763 (1).JPG
    IMG_5763 (1).JPG
    189.6 KB · Views: 289
My current set up. I got an ex shop display unit for £20, lined the inside and moved the tier part up. I made a back out of some spare mdf. Im planning on sorting out LED lighting soon and am currently in the process of modding parts of the delorean. I alao meed to get an adapter for the delorean light up features as I cant keep shifting the unit and removing the back just to switch the lights on/off.

20160404_211559.jpg

I learned from my lesson of not getting the 89 batmobile, more of an issue of space rather than cost I figured that even if it had to be in storage most of the time I don't want to wish I had this years from now at an escalated price.

I love it I was honestly a little underwhelmed with Marty and I love the movie but BTTF isn't something that I necessarily deem worthy of being the largest thing in my collection but this with Marty really is an impressive peice. Super happy I took the plunge on this one.

Worth every penny to me love owning my delorean and 89 ride now give me my landspeeder and falcon cockpit.

My current set up. I got an ex shop display unit for £20, lined the inside and moved the tier part up. I made a back out of some spare mdf. Im planning on sorting out LED lighting soon and am currently in the process of modding parts of the delorean. I alao meed to get an adapter for the delorean light up features as I cant keep shifting the unit and removing the back just to switch the lights on/off.

View attachment 260119

Great looking display!! :rock

turning the lights on is a royal PITA.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You think so? I think it's quite easy.

No hidden switches under layers of stuff or individual switches just one nice big button under the hood. Very happy with the lights on this one.

I don't understand the adapter thug can someone explain how it works? It's a cool idea if love it if there was one way to get it to light up automatically as soon as I plugged in my display case lights which are the ikea strip lights

Anyone know?

You think so? I think it's quite easy.

No hidden switches under layers of stuff or individual switches just one nice big button under the hood. Very happy with the lights on this one.

I don't understand the adapter thug can someone explain how it works? It's a cool idea if love it if there was one way to get it to light up automatically as soon as I plugged in my display case lights which are the ikea strip lights

Anyone know?

I have all all my lights plugged into wifi sockets. They connect to your wifi system and are accessed through an App.
You could have all your sockets in an adapter and plug that adapter into the wifi socket, turning all on at once, or have a socket per shelf/item you want to light up, and activate them all separately.

Not sure if this has been asked, but did someone make decals for the tires for the Goodyear logo?

Im in talks with someone at the moment. Im the guinea pig. They are gonna be waterslide decals and we're not sure if they will stick yet. Once I have tested them I will let people here know where to get them. Thats all I can say at present. I believe they are on the way to me so shouldnt be too long now. They will be the proper logos with black inside the lettering. I will be testing a few shades of black to see which will look best. There is only one other person I know of attempting it. They will be sticker type decals but they dont appear to be screen accurate as they appear to be completly white lettering and the wrong font. However, he is still working on them so it may change. Im lead to believe they wont change much if at all really.

Back