Hot Toys - Back to the Future - 1/6 DeLorean Time Machine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I've decided how I'm going to destroy my defective DeLorean...

I'm going to film in super slo-mo, it being run over by my actual DeLorean. It actually really pains me to have to do this, I hate destroying things & even as a defective item, it's such a shame as it's still a beautiful piece. :crying

I'm going to film in super slo-mo, it being run over by my actual DeLorean. It actually really pains me to have to do this, I hate destroying things & even as a defective item, it's such a shame as it's still a beautiful piece. :crying
I figured getting hit on the train tracks would be cool.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

That's a real shame.

Why not sell it for less as a defective item? I mean, your not contractually obligated to break it. I'm sure that DeLorean model with defects will make someone else happy. Just my two cents. ...and I'm the guy who bought two DeLorean models, just to convert one of them to the part 3 desert car.

You gotta have a train run over it as an ode to BTTF III

the problem is , that are only 215 DeLorean are sold/made from hot toys!

my is nummber 50 out of 215.... that is not to mutch, that say , we never see the part 2 version of the car or a Doc!

what you think?

the problem is , that are only 215 DeLorean are sold/made from hot toys!

my is nummber 50 out of 215.... that is not to mutch, that say , we never see the part 2 version of the car or a Doc!

what you think?
I thought they were making 490?

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

FYI, Midtown offers a 20% discount on your first purchase via their iOS app, so I used it on the DeLorean once it was available there. The app didn't deduct the 20% automatically for me, but their Customer Service department helped me out and I was credited for the difference. Midtown's shipping cost is pretty high ($82.80 to California), but with the 20% discount the total cost with shipping was $634.80. That could be the best price out there at this point. Total cost from Sideshow (darn you, CA sales tax) would've been $767.84.

Just trying to help some folks who may be on the fence on this item. Mine should arrive on Monday!

-Kevin

FYI, Midtown offers a 20% discount on your first purchase via their iOS app, so I used it on the DeLorean once it was available there. The app didn't deduct the 20% automatically for me, but their Customer Service department helped me out and I was credited for the difference. Midtown's shipping cost is pretty high ($82.80 to California), but with the 20% discount the total cost with shipping was $634.80. That could be the best price out there at this point. Total cost from Sideshow (darn you, CA sales tax) would've been $767.84.

Just trying to help some folks who may be on the fence on this item. Mine should arrive on Monday!

-Kevin

You were given "store credit" for the balance, or a refund of the difference?

Finally made the decision and bought this from SS last night. Definitely glad I did, because in the case that this does not sell well, we may never see the hover version of the DeLorean. I just hope they still release the BTF 2 Marty though. I want that with a passion as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If they had hassled me over the discount or tried to pull a "store credit" switcheroo, I would've just cancelled the order. The next best option for me would've been to use my SSC RPs to at least get some type of discount on this. I read the fine print on Midtown's 20% discount offer, and I couldn't see any reason why it wouldn't apply once the item was showing as available on their site (it doesn't apply to pre-orders). I'm glad it all worked out, and I hope that others looking to buy this can get the same discount. Maybe not since I just checked and it's showing as sold out there currently.

If they had hassled me over the discount or tried to pull a "store credit" switcheroo, I would've just cancelled the order. The next best option for me would've been to use my SSC RPs to at least get some type of discount on this. I read the fine print on Midtown's 20% discount offer, and I couldn't see any reason why it wouldn't apply once the item was showing as available on their site (it doesn't apply to pre-orders). I'm glad it all worked out, and I hope that others looking to buy this can get the same discount. Maybe not since I just checked and it's showing as sold out there currently.

I'm guessing it was pulled from their site so no-one else could get that deal.
I checked as soon as i saw your post as i want another one.
But it was already gone.

My suggestion is to keep checking if you're looking to buy one. It showed as sold out on the day they changed it from "pre-order" to "add to cart." I assumed that I had missed out or that they had done it on purpose to keep people from using the discount like you said. I happened to check again a few days later, hoping that there had been some order cancellations or they had received another shipment, and it was back in stock. If you are able to order, just make sure to contact the Support department since the discount wasn't automatic. They said to let the order charge in full, then to contact them again after the order shipped to have them issue the refund. It took some work, but it was worth it for the discount.

Back