Hot Toys - Back to the Future - 1/6 DeLorean Time Machine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone Interested in a display case for the delorean? The one I am offering is 33"long x 18"wide x 15"high. Price will be $145.00 USD plus shipping. I need at least 6 orders to lock the price down.

I'd be down. Can the size be a bit longer like 36"? I'd like to have Marty standing to the side of it. How about shipping?

Some pictures of my review

ppIho7A.jpg

fxW0YAo.jpg

dKRbDr8.jpg

aVMfmub.jpg

jfT2uhw.jpg

AHtl3ho.jpg

Q6IwmA4.jpg

D7FNOus.jpg

Got mine the other day and also picked up Marty :) Iv got to say, this is one of the best collectables iv ever purchased. Its truly stunning.
Hot toys have really delivered so far on this line but we need a doc to happen.

Got mine the other day and also picked up Marty :) Iv got to say, this is one of the best collectables iv ever purchased. Its truly stunning.
Hot toys have really delivered so far on this line but we need a doc to happen.

Great pic. It's amazing, we already have the Delorean and Marty, but the line still seems woefully incomplete!
Even three years ago, no-one could have dared hope we would have gotten Marty, never mind the Delorean!
My thinking is this:
To cover their investment, they want to sucker us into way more than oe car and one figure before they give us Doc.
I'd guess that in the next two to three months, PT2 Marty will go up, and possibly also the PT2 Delorean, with relatively short lead times.
Only after those sell out will they put up a Doc figure and it will be a $300 figure, just to add insult to injury.
They'd know we'd have to pay it after forking out for two Deloreans and Marty's!

Great pic. It's amazing, we already have the Delorean and Marty, but the line still seems woefully incomplete!
Even three years ago, no-one could have dared hope we would have gotten Marty, never mind the Delorean!
My thinking is this:
To cover their investment, they want to sucker us into way more than oe car and one figure before they give us Doc.
I'd guess that in the next two to three months, PT2 Marty will go up, and possibly also the PT2 Delorean, with relatively short lead times.
Only after those sell out will they put up a Doc figure and it will be a $300 figure, just to add insult to injury.
They'd know we'd have to pay it after forking out for two Deloreans and Marty's!

Thanks buddy :) Yea I do think there could be a marketing ploy to this. Im sure they are going to release him at some point. Has to happen.
I actually had to sell my camo tumbler to part pay and make way for this. Was a little sad until I flipped the box open on this one. Its just so brilliantly executed other than the decal niggles.....

Thanks buddy :) Yea I do think there could be a marketing ploy to this. Im sure they are going to release him at some point. Has to happen.
I actually had to sell my camo tumbler to part pay and make way for this. Was a little sad until I flipped the box open on this one. Its just so brilliantly executed other than the decal niggles.....

Yeah. It's a beautiful piece, no doubt. I am half tempted to get a spare using funds allocated to another figure set...
But i will hold off for the PT2 version...

Inserted Marty next to the DeLorean. Also added a wired remote to turn on/off the car lighting.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Inserted Marty next to the DeLorean. Also added a wired remote to turn on/off the car lighting.

Great pics! And good thinking with the remote.
I managed to pick up some WIFI sockets and with the app, can turn them off from anywhere i have internet signal.
I was at work and a friend popped in, and i opened the app and flicked the cabinet lights on and off. Although the cabinet was 5 miles away, i assured him that they had just cycled on and off.
Then i got a text from my brother saying he had been in my office doing paperwork and the cabinet lights had come on and went off again.

I really hate to rehash the same ole argument but the car would've been so much BETTER had they put LEDs for the dashboard. From those pics you can see it just doesn't look right without dash lights.

After seeing the hover conversion, I imagined the dash for the original time machine would light up as well. It was a huge letdown learning the dash and time circuits do not have any function. I imagine HT is holding onto that little nugget to bait us if/when they actually produce the Hover Conversion Time Machine. Has anyone tried to modify the dash as far as at least attempting to illuminate the time circuits?

I assume that would be very difficult because the dash appears to be solid opaque plastic with opaque painted details. To light it all, the dash would need to be cast in clear plastic or resin and painted partly in opaque paints and partly in translucent tints for the various lights, and then lit from behind. That is one major mod.

Back