Hot Toys - Back to the Future - 1/6 DeLorean Time Machine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's getting close, I'm almost done with this hood box for my part 3 desert car conversion.
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    287 KB · Views: 268
Got mine a few days ago, here's a quick (cell phone) video of it lit up on top of my two Detolfs :)

Does anyone know if Sora Shop (the acrylic display case makers) ship to the USA? If not, does anyone have any suggestions for retailers that sell (affordable) custom acrylic cases?

Can this be reboxed for storage or moving with the flux bands installed? If not, can the flux bands be safely removed after installation?

Can this be reboxed for storage or moving with the flux bands installed? If not, can the flux bands be safely removed after installation?

The flux bands can be removed after installing, but I can see them break very easily.

In terms of reboxing, the bottom part of the styrofoam is fine in terms of fitting the car with the bands on, the top, however, is fitted to the car without the bands attached. I can definitely see it crushing the bands. I think the easiest thing to do, if you don't mind ruining the foam, is too just cut a bit more away from the top section (where the bands would sit).

Thanks for the info. The bands and their mounting points look extremely fragile.

You guys much be very lucky getting one without flaws. I found at least 5 paint blemishes or scratches. Sent an email to SS a couple days ago. Now the waiting game begins.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

You guys much be very lucky getting one without flaws. I found at least 5 paint blemishes or scratches. Sent an email to SS a couple days ago. Now the waiting game begins.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
uploadfromtaptalk1458420480674.jpguploadfromtaptalk1458420492513.jpguploadfromtaptalk1458420512183.jpg

These are the there flaws on mine. The wheels don't turn on mine eather.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info. The bands and their mounting points look extremely fragile.

They are. But if I were going to transport it I would carefully remove the bands and put it back in the box the way it came. If done carefully I don't think that it would be a problem and it would be the safest way to go I think.

If there was a prize, you'd have it.
It took two weeks, but my girlfriend finally spotted it set up in the room !!

Back