Hot Toys - Back to the Future - 1/6 DeLorean Time Machine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For those of us that would like to look at making our cars more screen accurate, I guy like that would be invaluable. Imagine all the pictures and reference material he has - Years and years of examining the real cars and researching the parts. Incredible job. I have seen his show here in the UK before.

He's the last guy you want involved in any project you have. He's hated in both the BTTF and Ghostbusters prop making world for recasting other people's parts (a major no no in the prop community) extremely poor quality products, theft and being a complete ***hole in general. You can real a nice long of people's dealings with him here: Bob's Prop Shop - Videobob - Robert (Bob) Moseley - Ghostbusters Fans

That's what I figured it's the whole glass part is upside down. I don't know how it goes in there though. I don't want to break the thing.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Messing with mine it feels like the front of the Flux Cap is just glued on and could be pried off. looks like the face is a different part than the box and can pull away from one corner. Can it be done without breaking it... I agree that I would rather not find out.

Got to open mine up and it's really incredible. Unfortunately there is one little paint flaw which is pretty frustrating. But considering how UPS beat the crap out of the box I think I got off lucky.

The Delorean just barely fits in the IKEA Liatorp cabinet, even with one of the doors open! Unfortunately not enough space for Marty to step out and look at his watch like the movie poster, but enough length to stand him in the front or back.

20160316_170905.jpg

20160316_170927.jpg

I think its funny my UPS guys name is EMMIT i may have to call him Emmit Brown when he delivers mine.:lol lol IDK if he will get the joke when i get mine delivered in a few week's.:impatient:

Seeing you guys defects makes me really nervous about mine. I'll find out in a hour or so. Fingers crossed. Just a fyi to the guys displaying this in a fish tank, petco sale starts on the 27th for the 40 gal breeder for a dollar a gallon. I'll be waiting til then to display it

I received my new Delorean yesterday.. no giant scratch like the first one just 2 small nick's on the passenger fender. barely noticed unless I point it out. I can live with this, because I think they will all have a tiny something... now just waiting for the credit from the first one .

Got my delorean in. Really awesome piece! I wasn't ready for the insane amount of detail this car has lol, easily my favorite collectible. It does have one tiny paint rub which is barely noticeable and not worth complaining about so I'm happy.

I haven't heard from Sideshow regarding the scratches and marks on my Delorean, but expect they will not exchange it and will offer a discount of $50 or so, which I would not accept.

If this is the case, and I have to return it, does anyone know how to get a refund on Canadian custom fees?

Mine arrives Monday, It's 2 boxes coming? Maybe sideshow gave me some free *****? With the Delorean.

One box for the DeLorean. Second box for all the parts that have snapped off during assembly and transit :monkey3

Back