Hot Toys - Back to the Future - 1/6 DeLorean Time Machine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Though it would be cool to have a really high quality shot of the clocktower getting struck by lightning or something like that.

Yes, more hq images from the set would be cool. But there is not much material so the main source was the Bluray. The printed image quality (85cm long, 35cm height) is better than i thought.

I have the same issue with the Dark Knight Tumbler , the entire thing feels great , then you go to open the cockpit and it feels extremely cheap , flimsy weak , takes away from it feeling and looking like a tank

Had my Delorean for a few days now and there was one big thing that irked me. The doors are really flimsy and don't seem to hold up very well. I would have though the plastic is thicker on a model of this scale. Even my Diamond Select 1/15 had sturdier doors. Other than that, this piece is extremely amazing. (I did have the same issue as another member whereas the magnet for the hood became detached).

I would go for the sure thing and not hope for v2 to be released. Better to have it I guess then take the chance on 2.0. I guess I am not a gambling man.

Plus, if V2 gets announced tomorrow (which it won't, as I'm guessing it doesn't get announced until V1 sells out), it won't release until 2017, most likely. Can you wait that long? I couldn't.

Plus, if V2 gets announced tomorrow (which it won't, as I'm guessing it doesn't get announced until V1 sells out), it won't release until 2017, most likely. Can you wait that long? I couldn't.

Agreed. Hts was stupid to announce v2 before v1 was even out or sold out first. They killed alot of potential sales imo.

So I have an observation. There are a lot of people buying this despite some shortcomings in some of the interior details, non lighting circuits, wrong AFrame, no light night Rod. Etc. and it's being bought at the suggested price. some will wait for a sale but I think this will sell out once SSC gets its second drop and all flexers/ remaining prepayers get theirs.

HT has added Mr Fusion and the Hover Tires, perhaps a stand for part 2. All these things with additional price. For those of you not satisfied and holding out for part 2 to be better (not because you only prefer the look), don't you think that version will likely have all the shortcomings of part 1 with some added features to make It part 2 specific?

I could see them not changing the interior details or lighting and especially don't see them changing the A frame. When part 1 is still mostly being gobbled up.

Not trying to start a fight. Just something that seemed very possible in my eyes

Unfortunately I think hot toys has moved on from back to the future. They are already taking preorders for the next marvel film, have another star wars movie in December, still have ot and tfa stuff to do, etc etc.

Yeah, I also feel that Hot Toys has moved on as well. If they were still into BTTF, then we would of seen a Doc Brown in the works already.

Did a quick comparison between the 1/6 Batmobile and the 1/15 Diamond Select. Never thought the Batmobile was THAT massive.

12744667_10102282727188539_7211682473228808019_n.jpg
IMG_4268.jpg

So I have an observation. There are a lot of people buying this despite some shortcomings in some of the interior details, non lighting circuits, wrong AFrame, no light night Rod. Etc. and it's being bought at the suggested price. some will wait for a sale but I think this will sell out once SSC gets its second drop and all flexers/ remaining prepayers get theirs.

HT has added Mr Fusion and the Hover Tires, perhaps a stand for part 2. All these things with additional price. For those of you not satisfied and holding out for part 2 to be better (not because you only prefer the look), don't you think that version will likely have all the shortcomings of part 1 with some added features to make It part 2 specific?

I could see them not changing the interior details or lighting and especially don't see them changing the A frame. When part 1 is still mostly being gobbled up.

Not trying to start a fight. Just something that seemed very possible in my eyes

The one thing that is 100% for sure is that if they eventually make the PTII and PTIII versions, the stock car we all have now will not change.

Back