Hot Toys - Back to the Future - 1/6 DeLorean Time Machine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$237 using my points with SSC. It's just going to be a really long wait. I'll probably forgot i have this on order by the time it ships :lol

$711 at Alterego. BBTS still better. SS would be free, but I don't know if this is what I want to spend the points on.

I tend to use my points on smaller purchases. When you use points to buy something you don't earn points for that purchase. Price wise it all comes out in the wash (because points are points), but at least on big items you earn big points.

If you use $100 worth of points to buy this, you're not earning any points on the remaining $590 out of pocket.

I tend to use my points on smaller purchases. When you use points to buy something you don't earn points for that purchase. Price wise it all comes out in the wash (because points are points), but at least on big items you earn big points.

If you use $100 worth of points to buy this, you're not earning any points on the remaining $590 out of pocket.
You actually are. They changed their policy for that. If you use RP or coupons on a purchase, you get RP for the amount left.

I'm considering doing that with this one. Might just save up all the RP that I can for the next 2 years and then use it on this when it gets closer to shipment.

Did not know you could still get points on the balance of a purchase with SS. I was with ali, I didn't like using points for something I could have earned a decent amount of points on. Even though I could get the Delorean for "free" I don't think I would want to do that. I would use some on it an pay the balance. Now to figure out how much I wouldn't mind paying.

Someone posted a page or 2 back that the Unknown is the shipping. Which is why I avoided using SSC points even though it would have made it the lowest price. Getting that monster to the east coast is likely to run $60 or more. Just a guess, but after plenty of ebay selling and trips to the post office I can't see this going from the west to the east for $40. I could be wrong, but the box will be Tumbler size.

I ordered from a neighboring state which had a competitive price and avoided sales tax.

That's not the weight, that's how much shipping through UPS Ground costs. How can anyone know how much a toy will weigh when it won't be released for another 18 months? :slap

Its confusing me because the price of the actual car is USD... but why is the shipping in "pounds" (and it literally says "Shipping Weight: 63.00 pounds" so are you sure)? I never bought from BBTS...

Attachments

• price.jpg
    price.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 318
I was just checking shipping for delorean at big bad toys and they have shipping as 63 us bucks and 89 batmobile was listed 100 bucks to ship ups and that box was size of a small fridge so no more then 100 bucks shipped from sideshow. Even if the delorean says 63 pounds thats the box and everything. The 89 batmobile listed 102.pounds i own the 89 and dont think it weighed that much lol Just was a big A$$ Bulky box. The delorean being way smaller by 10 inches i think in length.

Bat mobile 89 was 32 pounds... I doubt the delorean would weigh much more... Possibly even less.

I am holding off on ordering though.... This thing is a loooooong way out!

Bat mobile 89 was 32 pounds... I doubt the delorean would weigh much more... Possibly even less.

I am holding off on ordering though.... This thing is a loooooong way out!

The actual weight of the item is largely irrelevant with boxes that big. UPS will charge dimensional weight. I just did a quick estimate with UPS and they're charging a dimensional weight of 48 lbs, so it doesn't matter if the Delorean only weighs 8 pounds, if it's a huge box, they charge based on box size.

Back