Hot Toys - Back to the Future - 1/6 DeLorean Time Machine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Completely agree. I have already got the Marty figure and dropped my NRD on the delorean 1 .Seems really strange they would show it so quick .Certainly made me stop and make sure I wanted to stay with the first as it is a ton of money to me . Wonder how many people are going to drop the 1 waiting for the second . I have decided to stick with the first one and am fine with it but had to think about it for awhile .

I thought about it also. But sticking with 1.0. To me I prefer that version, but it would be nice to have the option to be able to switch out tires and add Mr fusion to mix up display options with a kit vs making an entirely new car to buy.

I agree I think the delorean 1.0 is definitely more iconic but in terms of looks and aesthetical quality 2.0 wins.

I personally prefer 2.0. That is the version that is in all 3 movies. Plus you can make 2.0 look like 1.0 but can't do the other way around. Delorean 2.0 is definitely the one to go for.

I personally prefer 2.0. That is the version that is in all 3 movies. Plus you can make 2.0 look like 1.0 but can't do the other way around. Delorean 2.0 is definitely the one to go for.

It wasn't in the 3rd movie unless you count the footage from part 2 at the beginning. Which you shouldn't. By the time it shows up in the 3rd one it's on blocks and we never see the hover conversion being used again cause the lightning that hit the car effed it all up. I could be wrong.

I dont think the interest in this line has met there expectations (Hot Toys). They have moved up the release date to q4 of this year, so having an almost ready delorean it wouldnt take much for them to add the hover wheels and Mr. Fusion for display purposes....which they probably already had as a proto from before they released the preorder on the first version. I think they just put the hover version out there to keep our wheels spinning. I dont think the hover version will see the light of day.... and if it does (lol) i guarantee they wont have functioning flip down tires, it will be fixed in hovermode.

I personally am more than happy with the first version, but even if i wanted the 2.0 version I def wouldnt cancel my NRD before I see a preorder on the 2.0 version. Im like a monkey I dont let go of one branch till I have a hold of the next one!:monkey4

I tell ye ill be pretty miffed if they don't release the bbt2 delorean. I bet they'll release the marty from bttf2 then not release the delorean. Lol you know the way these things go with ht..

Not every release has to depend on HK or Asian interest imo. They are a business and know there are different interest on each continent. Sony releases games that do well only in Asian market and vice versa. I am not surprised BTTF is bigger here than in Asia. They want to make money and they know they have to cater to different markets.

whats the chances Doc will be a DX release with 2 versions of him like they did with the DX01. so you would get a twin/lone pines mall Doc and a 1955 hanging from the clock tower doc. may expalin why its taking so long for a reveal maybe.

regarding the deloreans. im getting both careless of space and the third if it ever gets done. BTTF is the best trilogy ever

whats the chances Doc will be a DX release with 2 versions of him like they did with the DX01. so you would get a twin/lone pines mall Doc and a 1955 hanging from the clock tower doc. may expalin why its taking so long for a reveal maybe.

regarding the deloreans. im getting both careless of space and the third if it ever gets done. BTTF is the best trilogy ever

That would be awesome. Especially if it was like the DX Luke and had 2 complete figures as opposed to having to buy another body. However, I thought the DX line was done. Mime Joker killed it. Even the new Batman Returns figure has PERS but is not a DX. Guess we just have to call them 2 packs now.

Not every release has to depend on HK or Asian interest imo. They are a business and know there are different interest on each continent. Sony releases games that do well only in Asian market and vice versa. I am not surprised BTTF is bigger here than in Asia. They want to make money and they know they have to cater to different markets.

I have to disagree with you on this one, You cant compare the world of electronics to collectibles. Lets face it, even out here theres a high resale count on this figure, even the limited edition model can be found easily. You said it yourself on the last sentence, they want to make money......this figure, and this line didnt hit the mark. And the Asian demand or lack of was not there. Thats why all we got is same fig with different clothes and same car with a couple of add ons as a teaser to keep us on the hook.

The more time that passes the more I think that those waiting for Doc (me included) aren't getting one. At least not from Hot Toys, it took them long enough to do anything at all with the licence, they then release a Marty, pre-orders for the DeLorean and then tease ANOTHER Marty and another DeLorean while the existing one is still on pre-order.

I hope I'm wrong though.

I have to disagree with you on this one, You cant compare the world of electronics to collectibles. Lets face it, even out here theres a high resale count on this figure, even the limited edition model can be found easily. You said it yourself on the last sentence, they want to make money......this figure, and this line didnt hit the mark. And the Asian demand or lack of was not there. Thats why all we got is same fig with different clothes and same car with a couple of add ons as a teaser to keep us on the hook.

So if not big in Asia, but will be big in Europe, North America, and Australia, HTs won't release a line? OK? That's your opinion, but I guess we agree to disagree boss.

So if not big in Asia, but will be big in Europe, North America, and Australia, HTs won't release a line? OK? That's your opinion, but I guess we agree to disagree boss.

Do you know something I dont know? because I dont think this figure did that well anywhere..... But yes we shall agree to disagree.

Back