Hot Toys - Back to the Future - 1/6 DeLorean Time Machine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure but it is on the sideshow Coming soon page . Kind of killing me as I have no idea if I want to stay with the first version or go with II but I am positive I am not buying both .

The 66 Batmobile has been on the "coming soon" page for two years :lol

I was just watching a vid by Danoby (hope i spelled it right) but he was talking about all the "tbd" announced last year and how most of them will never see the light of day...of course that is an opinion but could be true for most.

Did he mention Lone Ranger? Along with Prometheus and Watchmen that probably has the least chance...

Not sure but it is on the sideshow Coming soon page . Kind of killing me as I have no idea if I want to stay with the first version or go with II but I am positive I am not buying both .

Both are cool, but for me I rather stay with the original...

It will probably depend on the sales of the first delorean and if everyone is waiting for the second one we might never get it. Having said that id be more confident they will release the second one as its a lot more popular then the batmobile 66.

HT have never shown us a proto of Doc, so it's not really the same compared to Ripley and Drax.

Surely it is all dependant on sales of other figures in the line when it comes to some of these licenses. Lone Ranger was a bomb at the box office and Tonto was a terrible selling figure, so financially it was sensible to scrap the Lone Ranger figure. Same can be said for the 66 Batmobile after the poor sales of both the Batman and Robin figures.

If Marty was a poor seller and this 1st DeLorean also doesn't sell well, I can't imagine they will put the 2nd one into production.

I still think they could have waited to show the 2nd car after the first one at been released. Though this could have annoyed people who had bought the first car, but would have actually preferred the second.

I personally like the second more, but by the time it goes up for preorder, it could be more expensive than the first one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I really hope they have twin pines doc. I mean I guess 1955 doc could possibly work as same clothes were worn during the lightning strike finale and when Marty first encounters 55 doc and since the delorean as the insert for the Lightning rod. But much rather have twin pines doc.

If Hot Toys releases Doc Brown at all, then it's possible we'd get more than one version of him if BTTF2 Marty is any indication and assuming that Doc version 1 sales are good. Hot Toys would already have a Doc headsculpt and could just change up the outfit the same way it's doing with Marty. If they charge the same price for other versions of Doc after the first, then using the same head would improve per-figure profit. The same premise applies to the BTTF2 DeLorean, which only has minor changes from the first.

Since 1955 Doc and BTTF2 Doc (post-face peel) dominate most of the first two films and would theoretically look similar as "youthful" versions of Doc, I'd guess we might see 1955 Doc and BTTF2 Doc, but Hot Toys has been lazy with sculpts and hair styles before (see Dark Knight Rises Jim Gordon) and could just ignore differences in age and hair style and do any version of Doc using the same head. It's all wishful thinking at this point though.

If they are rubber then we'll get the delorean from part 3 in the mine shaft with rotted tyres.

That's my main concern with this piece. Rubber hoses I can replace. But 1/6 Delorean tires that have hardened and cracked after several years I can't. I collect for the long haul and want this to stay pristine even 30 years from now.

It's worrying me too (didnt get ed 209 because of it) but I looked into the tumbler and batmobile threads and didn't see any horror story's about rotten tyres so I assume these will be the same.

If HT sticks to what other companies have used with their tires there shouldn't too much to worry about.
And, why are you guys spelling tires with a "y?"

It will probably depend on the sales of the first delorean and if everyone is waiting for the second one we might never get it. Having said that id be more confident they will release the second one as its a lot more popular then the batmobile 66.

I have to disagree about it being more popular than the 66 batmobile. Sales were slow for the dynamic duo because many collectors were waiting for the 66 batmobile to be released before buying the figures.

The batmobile has been iconic since the 1966. It is one of the most recognizable vehicles in the world and has been to many car shows over the decades. Hell, 66 batmobile number 1 sold at Barret Auction auction for 4.75 million dollars. No way BTTF delorean would fetch those dollars. Many people my age who watched the show in the 60's and 70's will buy it and have the money to do so. There is a high emotional attachment to collectors in their 40's and 50's. Batman did eventually sell out. If ht's still make the batmobile, it will sell.

I like the delorean and preordered 1.0 version, so don't get me wrong. I was a freshman in high school when the movie came out, but more emotional attachment to the 66 as many others. But batman has a larger following imo.

Moral of the story is to not pass on the first figure in the line hoping that the one you want will get made.

How many people passed on Jake Sully because they wanted Neytiri more? Jake sold poorly, so HT didn't bother continuing the line.

I'd be interested to know how many collectors of 1/6 figures are 40 and over because many on this forum seem to be under 35.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It would be unfair to categorize doc and Delorean with 66 line up of figures and batmobile. While there will always be a debate- the universal craziness for the bttf line (think global markets including Asia) is far far more appealing from a business stand point than the 66 lineup!
I am not saying that 66 batmobile and the figures have no standing but let's be honest whatever the reason the figures dint sell like Marty (who was all sold out even if it's a marketing stunt - within few hours of launch)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm such a huge BTTF I'd get both if I had the room lol! The Mr Fusion version is great. But to me the nuclear version is the most iconic. And as other said display purpose wise it just works with the classic Marty pose. I'm sticking with my preorder always was even if they were or never were to make the Mr Fusion version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, for me the original is still the best. That's how we first see it and that's what sticks in my mind... not the flying one.

Either way, it made zero sense to show delorean 2.0 before 1.0 even is shipping. That really puzzles me. Why try to kill sales of 1.0? Should just make the delorean be able to be modified to do either version then.

I agree that it should be a two in one release if not three in one release with accessories enabling the collector to choose which movie to represent. Fans of all three movies could have a variety of displays without losing out on space to accommodate three different time machines. Most collectors have their extra accessories in the box when displaying a figure they have gotten into the pose they want so why not with this as well?

If hot toys truly plan to bombard us with more than one choice for a time machine, it may be a welcome option for some who only want the second. Maybe they are trying to give us a heads up that there will be another one so if you don't want the first, the second is coming.

Far be it for me to believe that they are looking out for us instead of their wallets but do they really think they can bank on the gluttony of collectors who have to have all versions?

Wait. That last question was rhetorical.

Either way, it made zero sense to show delorean 2.0 before 1.0 even is shipping. That really puzzles me. Why try to kill sales of 1.0? Should just make the delorean be able to be modified to do either version then.

Completely agree. I have already got the Marty figure and dropped my NRD on the delorean 1 .Seems really strange they would show it so quick .Certainly made me stop and make sure I wanted to stay with the first as it is a ton of money to me . Wonder how many people are going to drop the 1 waiting for the second . I have decided to stick with the first one and am fine with it but had to think about it for awhile .

Back