Hot Toys - Back to the Future - 1/6 DeLorean Time Machine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doesn't look like a new sculpt. Looks like more newly painted ********, tossed out to renew the license.

Man they really don't give a **** anymore.

I already have the first one, so no interest. Although Einstein is a nice add if though it's not the greatest sculpt. If HT rereleases Doc Brown hopefully they will offer a deluxe option with BTTF I & II versions, a 2nd more neutral head sculpt, rooted hair and a companion Einstein. The first Doc never appealed to me, so I ended up passing on both that and BTTF II Marty. Maybe they'll finally release the BTTF II Delorean, especially given how much the originals go for in the secondary. I'd love to have complete setups for I & II as well as Marty & Doc III

It looks just like the existing sculpt, same expression, same hair, everything. Just looks like a production version (softer, loss of detail) compared to the original promo pics.

If it was a new sculpt, why would they do the exact same expression as the previous figure?

This is awesome !! However I will only buy if they do a Doc and DeLorean as well. It's the set or none at all imo.

The dog head attachment is a bit stupid looking. I assume they are going for head rotation or something. I'd prefer simply a statue with uniform fur. If the head rotates the moulded hair will look ridiculous.

ED581226-0621-4A2C-82A9-EA7BE7E0C907.jpeg

What's the car image ? It doesn't look as good as the 1/6 version somehow ??

5000 yen means a kids version I guess. Looks like it to me.

Can anyone read the text ?

Screenshot 2021-08-19 at 16.05.16.jpg

Wait, so is Retro Sapiens a new line by Hot Toys or just their way of referring to re-releases with some updates?

Honestly it’s cool that they’re doing Marty again, but since I already have it I’m not sure if a new sculpt and Einstein make it worth it enough to double dip. Even though I would really like Einstein. Hopefully we get a part one Doc too.

I sold my Marty McFly because of the terrible head sculpt. This sculpt definitely looks better. I’ll wait for better pics.

Back