Hot Toys - Back to the Future - 1/6 DeLorean Time Machine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wanted the DeLorean, but I couldn’t get myself to buy it for the price, and also I didn’t have space for it. Kind of regret that I passed on it, but I’m happy to have the figures at least. Would love if Hot Toys would make more figures, but I’m not counting on it.

I was waiting on the tilting wheels version they never released!:mad:
The primary problem is that it's not just tilting wheels. Everyone reading this will know that, of course. The old Aoshima model kit solved the problem incredibly elegantly with a sliding mechanism that moved all the wheels out from the body while tilting them at the same time, in the same way that they worked in the movie. The problem comes in when HT have to do that same thing. The Delorean is *heavy*. So it would have to have a stand and a remote for the wheels, and making that mechanism work, plus the inevitable returns they would get when some didn't work... This mechanism works for a 1/24 model kit, but the Hot Toys wouldn't be able to sit on it's wheels with a mechanism like that. It's too heavy.

At this rate I think we'd have a better chance petitioning Jazzinc to make a Part II DeLorean, as I doubt this HT tease is going to amount to much. And it would surely be more accurate and have all the extra lights that HT won't bother with.

At this rate I think we'd have a better chance petitioning Jazzinc to make a Part II DeLorean, as I doubt this HT tease is going to amount to much. And it would surely be more accurate and have all the extra lights that HT won't bother with.
Joost will never touch anything that treads on HT toes. He’s publicly stated he won’t ever do a Delorean.

The primary problem is that it's not just tilting wheels. Everyone reading this will know that, of course. The old Aoshima model kit solved the problem incredibly elegantly with a sliding mechanism that moved all the wheels out from the body while tilting them at the same time, in the same way that they worked in the movie. The problem comes in when HT have to do that same thing. The Delorean is *heavy*. So it would have to have a stand and a remote for the wheels, and making that mechanism work, plus the inevitable returns they would get when some didn't work... This mechanism works for a 1/24 model kit, but the Hot Toys wouldn't be able to sit on it's wheels with a mechanism like that. It's too heavy.
Not questioning the engineering. Just that I did not purchase the first release due to this version being promoted.

It's pretty weird they didn't do a BTTF1 Doc - as a display piece he's as iconic as Marty for me.

And yeah while I like many aspects of BTTF2, it's just not anywhere near BTTF1, so I'd rather HT have gone deeper into BTTF1. Beyond 1955 Doc, I would love to have gotten a 1955 Biff, but I get that there wouldn't be many takers for him.

It's pretty weird they didn't do a BTTF1 Doc - as a display piece he's as iconic as Marty for me.

And yeah while I like many aspects of BTTF2, it's just not anywhere near BTTF1, so I'd rather HT have gone deeper into BTTF1. Beyond 1955 Doc, I would love to have gotten a 1955 Biff, but I get that there wouldn't be many takers for him.
Would need Einstein as well 100%.

Still no Hot Toys C-3PO. . .to me that speaks volumes about the nonsensical approach HT has to these lines. Unless you want an Iron Man or Star Wars clone, nothing is guaranteed.

As much as I love Doc and BTTF, I never could justify the BTTF 2 Doc because it's an inferior film and I need one from the first film before any other Doc could even be seriously considered.

So, in september we will know. A Marty re-release with new headsculpt would be great.
A403B0A0-4640-475D-9151-D2859BA0F743.jpeg
3324D848-694F-45AB-B33F-0246F19A7D6A.jpeg
55214330-39C8-4601-A2D5-B98EB2C9E9C0.jpeg

Back