Hot Toys - Back to the Future - 1/6 DeLorean Time Machine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Display case (top) done still working on the stand for it but the white on the bottom will have led lights running through it to have a white glow, the top is clear acrylic I still have to peel all the protective layers off, the stand is coming along nicely I'll post more this is just an update!
2nkqnae.jpg

A few things to customize my car... Get actual seat covers (accurate to film, but of course made of cloth), over the seats to add to the WOW factor. They went as far to give us a faux leather look for the gear shifter. I would have liked to have cloth material for the seats as well. I also would like to get a metal plate 1/6th in scale to apply to the back. I figure since they went so extreme on so many details, they could have made the license plate a seperate piece added to the vehicle. Stuff like that just makes it pop more.

Edit: I also would love to have a brake and gas pedal installed.

Jeepindude, nice WIP display. Did your decal sheet have it so you can peel each graphic separately, or did you have to cut them out individually?

Afternoon gents had a couple of scratches on my Delorean, mainly on the drivers door. Sideshow offered $70, guess I could live with the scratches.
80d9e2d40a5b85fab5f00e3928670749.jpg

Holy crap! Again, this is not shipping damage...that was very sloppy "QC" done at the factory. We have seen several cars now where finish defects have been sloppily touched up with a hideous grayish silver paint, completely different from the underlying finish.

That is a lot to accept for $70, and on one of the most visible parts of the car.

No idea to Canada, but my friend who accepts all my deliveries and resends them to me posted my Delorean to me today and it was $114 to Scotland.
Awesome I didn't want to pay another 200 bucks on top of what I already paid. ****** cdn dollar...

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Awesome I didn't want to pay another 200 bucks on top of what I already paid. ****** cdn dollar...

I paid 114 Cdn in duties today. lol Damn thing is not cheap. Why I don't collect as much as I used to. Thank goodness for 300 dollars US in SS points.

I paid 114 Cdn in duties today. lol Damn thing is not cheap. Why I don't collect as much as I used to. Thank goodness for 300 dollars US in SS points.
This thing is really expensive. I've paid 1200 for this thing so far and it hasn't even landed.

What's funny, is this thing would have cost nearly that for me ketcheson, if it wasn't for the reward points. But yeah, it would have run me around close to 1,200... just south of that. Yet the Tumbler, which is twice the size, cost me just under 500 Cdn smackers, everything in.... in 2009. lol

I hope its worth the money. Dropped another 300 on the display case. I have some points but I'm going to snag ash from evil dead with them.

Jeepindude, nice WIP display. Did your decal sheet have it so you can peel each graphic separately, or did you have to cut them out individually?

Thanks! I actually have no idea my Delorean will be here next week I'm finishing up my display case the stand is going to be 3 1/2 feet tall plus this top case so it's going to be really epic!

I have a dumb question...I'm thinking of putting this in a space under my tv and it's a LED 4K tv and I know this is so stupid to ask but would being under the tv or next to it cause any discolor issues? I'm sure the old tube tv would.

I'm excited to get mine in a couple days but man am I going to be pissed if I have any of these flaws/damages. Especially because SS doesn't go for returns or exchanges so much on big items like vehicles. Typically their response is something like a $30 credit/refund. Thats pretty insulting. I remember them doing that with the 89 Batmobile when HT did that crappy job of protecting the canopy.
Yeah, they had problems going back to, at least, the first release of the Tumbler, when there were rubs on the top of the car. Then the '89 Batmobile, now this. With pieces so pricey, you figure they would have figured this out by now.

Does anyone know what the total shipping cost for this thing is to Canada?

Mine shipped to Toronto via FedEx. Signature required upon delivery.

Subtotal $689.99
Freight $ 55.00
TOTAL $ 744.99

Out of curiosity, when was yours delivered? Mine was delivered on Feb. 10.

I've yet to receive a bill from FedEx for duty charges. Not looking forward to it though, lol.

Back