Hot Toys - Back to the Future - 1/6 DeLorean Time Machine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I want this and the Marty but only have 1/4 scale and 1:1 busts. Thinking it might look out of place. Anybody else have this near other scale collectibles?

Afternoon gents had a couple of scratches on my Delorean, mainly on the drivers door. Sideshow offered $70, guess I could live with the scratches.
80d9e2d40a5b85fab5f00e3928670749.jpg

One thing that baffles me is this piece that was loose in the box, any assistance would be appreciated!
c94e18fd7531b6b42ee94db6b642b8f5.jpg

5dc19f39c28942b5e12c294aa1bb87fa.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With a $700 vehicle, I don't think I would be as accepting of a flaw like those scratches. If HT/SSC aren't able to get you your DeLorean in pristine condition, then screw 'em.

With a $700 vehicle, I don't think I would be as accepting of a flaw like those scratches. If HT/SSC aren't able to get you your DeLorean in pristine condition, then screw 'em.

:exactly:

It seems a few of these have problems. I will definitely be looking mine over carefully when it arrives.

:exactly:

It seems a few of these have problems. I will definitely be looking mine over carefully when it arrives.

I do agree but I'm shipping this thing to South Africa, so shipping and customs comes to about $250, sending it back is just going to double that cost for me. So I have to compromise somewhere

I'm excited to get mine in a couple days but man am I going to be pissed if I have any of these flaws/damages. Especially because SS doesn't go for returns or exchanges so much on big items like vehicles. Typically their response is something like a $30 credit/refund. Thats pretty insulting. I remember them doing that with the 89 Batmobile when HT did that crappy job of protecting the canopy.

Afternoon gents had a couple of scratches on my Delorean, mainly on the drivers door. Sideshow offered $70, guess I could live with the scratches.
80d9e2d40a5b85fab5f00e3928670749.jpg

One thing that baffles me is this piece that was loose in the box, any assistance would be appreciated!
c94e18fd7531b6b42ee94db6b642b8f5.jpg

5dc19f39c28942b5e12c294aa1bb87fa.jpg

i dunno if it was me i wouldn't accept the $70. They should be offering you a replacement given the amount of money you spent on this item and the amount of damage to the car. When you spend over $700 on an item like this they should have proper quality control at sideshow and hot toys and should be offering you a full replacement not a measly $70 back.

Does anyone know what the total shipping cost for this thing is to Canada?

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Thanks. Yea I thought so. I'm pretty sure I someone on one of the Facebook collector groups attempting to stencil them on the tyres for his Delorean...I think it would look cool

That would look cool but I'm not very good at that sort of thing and I would be afraid to screw it up and have messed up tires haha. Someone should come up with good decals/stickers for it that is raised like the original tires

i dunno if it was me i wouldn't accept the $70. They should be offering you a replacement given the amount of money you spent on this item and the amount of damage to the car. When you spend over $700 on an item like this they should have proper quality control at sideshow and hot toys and should be offering you a full replacement not a measly $70 back.

Agreed. It's abysmal customer service and its exactly why I don't buy from Sideshow anymore.

Agreed. It's abysmal customer service and its exactly why I don't buy from Sideshow anymore.

I had a hell of a time trying to return my Batmobile to them when it arrived scratched. They offered me the same kind of credit and I refused. It took 2 weeks of arguing with their customer service manager (Jeff?) before they finally caved and sent me a return shipping label. After that experienced I vowed never to buy another big ticket item from them again and why I still haven't purchased the DeLorean for fear of having the same issues again.

Back