Hot Toys - Back to the Future - 1/6 DeLorean Time Machine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 240100

This is the delorean in that 40 gal tank from petco and it fits, and yes the doors could go up....marty could fit inside it too alot of room

Thank you for posting a pic and the video. When you have time would you be able to take nice some inside shots in daylight so we can get an idea of the interior. If not I understand too since pictures take a lot of time.

Congrats :hi5:

£600?! Wow. I paid £489 for mine in UK. I personally don't have a problem with that cost. Looks great.

Yeah. The pricing NOW is much higher than it initially was (though nearly £500 is pushing it). I absolutely LOVE this franchise, it's my all time favourite, and if I could push my brain past the cost I'd have pre-ordered a long time ago. Now it's just crazy out of reach when you think what else you could get with that money. But I salute all you fellow fans for purchasing this.

i dunno i'm not that impressed with the vehicle at all. Seems a bit overpriced for what it is. After all it is plastic and not as detailed as it could have been. Probably costs about 100 dollars to make for hot toys.

:cuckoo: Drives me nutz when people talk about the price on this thing. Average cost on regular figs are $200 to $300, IM's from $250 to $350, Customs $1k and up....and sorry to say but alot of those are a great resemblance's but by no means an exact replica. There is no mistaking what this is when its on display, and I have no doubt it will be the oohs and ahhs of my collection (eventhough i sold most of my stuff). This thing as accurate or inaccurate as it may be has the "WOW" factor. Im 98% positive everyone that has commented about price has at least one or few collectibles that is overpriced and doesnt look 100% perfect, and has paid near or more what the current Delorean costs. If HT would have never made the Deloean and someone in the custom thread offered to make it for 1k people would be all about it and not complain, and thats a fact. Anywhos.....cant wait till they ship!!:impatient:

Have you seen it in person?

i dunno i'm not that impressed with the vehicle at all. Seems a bit overpriced for what it is. After all it is plastic and not as detailed as it could have been. Probably costs about 100 dollars to make for hot toys.

:cuckoo: Drives me nutz when people talk about the price on this thing. Average cost on regular figs are $200 to $300, IM's from $250 to $350, Customs $1k and up....and sorry to say but alot of those are a great resemblance's but by no means an exact replica. There is no mistaking what this is when its on display, and I have no doubt it will be the oohs and ahhs of my collection (eventhough i sold most of my stuff). This thing as accurate or inaccurate as it may be has the "WOW" factor. Im 98% positive everyone that has commented about price has at least one or few collectibles that is overpriced and doesnt look 100% perfect, and has paid near or more what the current Delorean costs. If HT would have never made the Deloean and someone in the custom thread offered to make it for 1k people would be all about it and not complain, and thats a fact. Anywhos.....cant wait till they ship!!:impatient:

:exactly::goodpost:

Yep just ask about custom's price's on headsculpts on anything and be greatfull price's not as crazy as some pay for like the braveheart figure to the exorcist to joker custom's. You could buy almost 2 delorean's compared to what the custom price's cost. I'm thankfull it's priced decent not priced at a 1,000 or so everyone can be able to pick this up. I do think souund effects could have been easily added on another pricepoint. I owned the legacy falcon and one of favorite things on the falcon sound fx was the stalled out start lol.:lol Then it would start up just like in the film. Again just something fun sound effects would've been nice or including the remote control Doc. used to drive it.

Looks cool! I hope EFX will also release the time circuit. Before the year 2032!

Anybody see the EFX Lyon Estates bookends?

It seems like it is close to the right size. Here is a video which will give it some scale. At about 39 seconds in you'll see someone holding it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GaI9LhLMvQ

It's about half or a third the size it should be unfortunately. Marty's head should be shorter than the flat paved part on the lower pieces. But would make a great display, even out of 1/6 scale.

4565941-Lyon-Estates-0.jpg

Those bookends look too small to me. They're cool though. Probably 1/15 scale too?

View attachment 240100

This is the delorean in that 40 gal tank from petco and it fits, and yes the doors could go up....marty could fit inside it too alot of room

I went the last day of the sale and bought one. I actually could just buy the stand they have at Petco and display it that way, but I kind of like the idea of making it into a coffee table like suggested previously. If only I had such wherewithal to do so.

That instalment one is supposedly 1/8 i think?
Or one of the 1/15 ones if size is a factor.

Which brand is that, Barry? I might get one and maybe upgrade to the HT eventually. I don't mind any scale so long as it's detailed.

Back