hot toys AVP R comming now

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:confused:I don't know what to think. talked with corner store today about my order and they told me wolf and predalien are NOT comming as soon as they told me last week. looks like in april now. I was asking them if I had a couple more weeks before I had to pay off my preorder when I was told this.:chew so :D I don't have to pay for all on this paycheck. can spread it out. said that it was in sideshows weekly newsletter.? as of now I guess we're waiting.....just thought I would pass this along. see what happens.

Well, for my ABC prepay to be so long overdue...I am frustrated. Not angry, but annoyed a bit. I am ready for these guys! I have my AVP-R Alien, so LET'S GO PEOPLE! GET TO IT! :D

Any (good) news would be nice. :monkey1

Okay, I'm getting really frustrated now. I tried the dish soap. No go. Tried the hammer and dish soap. No luck, except I managed to get the ball joint thing to come out of the shoulder socket. So now I have this ball thingie that I have to get into 2 places.

It really seems that the arm socket is too small for the ball joint. But the ball that goes into the shoulder is smaller and obviously isn't intended for the arm socket either.

ARGGHHHHH!:monkey4

Okay, I'm getting really frustrated now. I tried the dish soap. No go. Tried the hammer and dish soap. No luck, except I managed to get the ball joint thing to come out of the shoulder socket. So now I have this ball thingie that I have to get into 2 places.

It really seems that the arm socket is too small for the ball joint. But the ball that goes into the shoulder is smaller and obviously isn't intended for the arm socket either.

if youre ok with it.. pile the ball joint down to size.. a little by little till it fits. ive never tried it on an aliens ball joint but i have for the ball joints on ht human figures feet. i wouldnt try the hair dryer method with that rubber.

file or dremmel that stubborn joint. Do you have any pics of the ball joint and shoulder socket? I'd like a clear look at what you're dealing with here.

actually where are the hottoys figures made in?
hong kong or china?...

DO NOT DREMEL THE BALL JOINTS ON HOT TOYS FIGURES IN ANY WAY! EVER!

What will happen is, the ball will constantly pop back out, as there is no longer enough pressure to hold it in. I did that on a friend's Robocop leg, and had to superglue it locked in place. It pivots some from the other end, but no longer has the posablity.

Just keep on trying Dave. Slow, even pressure, and committment! Get it in there! You can do it. I did. Took a lot of pushing but it will pop in.

DO NOT DREMEL THE BALL JOINTS ON HOT TOYS FIGURES IN ANY WAY! EVER!

What will happen is, the ball will constantly pop back out, as there is no longer enough pressure to hold it in. I did that on a friend's Robocop leg, and had to superglue it locked in place. It pivots some from the other end, but no longer has the posablity.

Just keep on trying Dave. Slow, even pressure, and committment! Get it in there! You can do it. I did. Took a lot of pushing but it will pop in.

Thanks, but I finally got it. With a hammer, pliers and whole lot of anger and frustration. I really don't recommend this method, but the outside of the arm is a lot tougher than I'd have thought.

don't feel bad... when I put on the shin armour for the predator 2 elder I beat the c%#p out of one on my coffee table and used the butt end of a screw driver on the other. BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY!!!:chew I'm doing the pay and hold method for my others (alien,wolf and predalien) so lots of fun for me all in one day....:google

Due to budget constraints, I had to give the AVP-R Alien and PredAlien a miss. Couldn't resist the temptation of the AVP-R Wolf Predator though. Had it on pre-order and was informed that it should be hitting stores around mid to late-March.

Back