hot toys AVP R comming now

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a hard time getting it's arm on too. The ball end not staying aligned had me freaked that it would break off. I used some dish washing liquid. It was still hard to get on, and I don't even know that it helped. Stay cool and don't loose it. Apply pressure slowly increasing it. No sudden movements like hammering. You need to feel that the ball end stays straight and doesn't slip out, or you'll be sorry.

HEY GUYS!

I was thinking of getting this AVPR Alien drone or the ALIENS alien warrior. Which one is better?

I personally like the look of the Aliens Alien Warrior better. But the loose joints and shattering knees put me off buying one (at least the blue/black version). Didn't hear of any problems with the brown repaint version so I took a chance on it. Will pick mine up soon. If you are patient I'll post some pics when I get mine. I personally don't like the look of the AvPR version but from what I've heard his is solidly built and its nice that he comes with a facehugger! If you like the look I'd say go with the AvPR Alien.

p.s. The blue/black Aliens Alien warrior is also harder to find right now and it may be a little more expensive.

I personally like the look of the Aliens Alien Warrior better. But the loose joints and shattering knees put me off buying one (at least the blue/black version). Didn't hear of any problems with the brown repaint version so I took a chance on it. Will pick mine up soon. If you are patient I'll post some pics when I get mine. I personally don't like the look of the AvPR version but from what I've heard his is solidly built and its nice that he comes with a facehugger! If you like the look I'd say go with the AvPR Alien.

p.s. The blue/black Aliens Alien warrior is also harder to find right now and it may be a little more expensive.

Thanks for your input, darren. I was leaning towards the AVPR drone so I'll probably pick it up first, but the brown Aliens alien I'll pick up right afterward, unless HT shows us the big guy from ALIEN first.

Would definitely like to see your shots of your Aliens warrior when he arrives!

I don't have the black Aliens warrior, but I do have the brown and am very happy with it. I like it better than the AvP-R figure because it's brown it stands out more than the black aliens I have. I like the larger head ridges better than the smaller ones on the AvP-R, the double cupped/padded shoulders and the slimier look it has than the black AvP-R. Whether it is because the brown contrasts better I can't say, but it is my favourite of the three I have.

I just bought an AVPR Drone on ebay. They're sold out over at SS, CSC, and other places (that's what I get for waiting). Oh well, gave me an excuse to use an $5-off coupon for ebay purchases that expires tomorrow.

Congrats plasmid303, you wont be disappointed. That's what you get with Hot Toys. It's pre-order or pay a higher price, which many places advertise to be the case. I wonder what people would say if Sideshow used that ploy. Actually I don't wonder, I think I know.

oh i am in singapore...its out...but frm wat i noe the shop only came in 4....too few?......lol:lol

Back