Hot Toys AVP R ALIEN - Worth Getting??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so by now no one from all the predalien owner has discover some bad issues with it? yes seems so at all, but maybe it's too early, i have my predalien but still in the box 'cause i haven't had time until now to assemble and display it, maybe i will put it together end of this week

i tell that 'cause i've just discover that infamous cracks inside the cups of the feet of my avp: r alien , until now i haven't heard no one who complain about it with the requiem warrior, maybe i'm the first or the only...

Well, I had paint probs a long time ago, and the replacement now is fine, except it has knee joints that are somewhat loose. She, or her knees, can't support herself.

nothing is perfect
ok.
but is possible that in my 18 hot toys figure i own currently , almost everyone of them has or have had an issue or something that i had to fix...

guys for what we pay if hot toys don't change politics i predict some siege with torch and forks at hot toys headquarter

Yeah, I agree that is sucks when something this expensive needs some "patching up".
However, they are "model kits", which usually means that some building, painting, and gluing might be required.

I admit that when one of them breaks, I die a little inside. However, most of the time it's an easy fix, so there's no need to get too worked up about it.

Now statues are a whole other ball-game.

Yeah, I agree that is sucks when something this expensive needs some "patching up".
However, they are "model kits", which usually means that some building, painting, and gluing might be required.

I admit that when one of them breaks, I die a little inside. However, most of the time it's an easy fix, so there's no need to get too worked up about it.

Now statues are a whole other ball-game.

no, but the absurd and irritating fact is that , i haven't never break any of them, all the issue they had , they had when coming in the box ( a part the avp:r alien maybe, who has been a big bad unespected surprise )

a brief list for exemples

-p2 ( regular ) : shoulder piece of the armor break in the box, i've had to glue it in place
- aliens warrior : paint peeling out of the rubber, feet sockets cracked but the feet don't snap out ( fortunately...and for now maybe...)
- aliens warrior repaint : paint peeling
- p2 elder : some black in the thigh and in the gut region had stripped out , i've had to repaint it a bit
- wolf : a leg looser than the other in the knee, a little chip under his right eye, i had to repaint it a bit
- p2 ( damaged ) some silver paint had stripped out on the syringe like tool on his medikit

these are some...

no, but the absurd and irritating fact is that , i haven't never break any of them, all the issue they had , they had when coming in the box ( a part the avp:r alien maybe, who has been a big bad unexpected surprise )

a brief list for examples

-p2 ( regular ) : shoulder piece of the armor break in the box, I've had to glue it in place
- aliens warrior : paint peeling out of the rubber, feet sockets cracked but the feet don't snap out ( fortunately...and for now maybe...)
- aliens warrior repaint : paint peeling
- p2 elder : some black in the thigh and in the gut region had stripped out , I've had to repaint it a bit
- wolf : a leg looser than the other in the knee, a little chip under his right eye, i had to repaint it a bit
- p2 ( damaged ) some silver paint had stripped out on the syringe like tool on his medikit

these are some...

Yeah, that really sucks.
I know how you feel too.

My breakage issues:
  • AVP ALIEN- glue coming undone at the seams
  • Hudson-strap needed gluing, and sewing
  • Drake-smartgun handle arrived broken
  • AVP Brown alien- glue coming undone
  • Power Loader-silver parts from the black tubes-glue coming undone
  • ALIENS Warrior Alien- ankle and hip issues. Also, the paint looks like it wants to peel
  • Predalien- the mandibles wont stay open on the left side
  • Wolf-spear arrived broken and mask won't stay on
  • BD P2-chest armor at the back won't stay closed
  • Robocop3-flamethrower tip arrived broken & jet-pack "arm-clamp" also

The only ones without any issues are APONE, HICKS, VAZ, AVP:R Alien, and the Endoskeleton. :monkey2

My breakage issues:
  • AVP ALIEN- glue coming undone at the seams
  • Hudson-strap needed gluing, and sewing
  • Drake-smartgun handle arrived broken
  • AVP Brown alien- glue coming undone
  • Power Loader-silver parts from the black tubes-glue coming undone
  • ALIENS Warrior Alien- ankle and hip issues. Also, the paint looks like it wants to peel
  • Predalien- the mandibles wont stay open on the left side
  • Wolf-spear arrived broken and mask won't stay on
  • BD P2-chest armor at the back won't stay closed
  • Robocop3-flamethrower tip arrived broken & jet-pack "arm-clamp" also

The only ones without any issues are APONE, HICKS, VAZ, AVP:R Alien, and the Endoskeleton. :monkey2[/QUOTE]

Damn FB, that's serious issues bro!! The only MAJOR issue I had was getting an Ancient Predator with 2 right feet!!!! :horror I bet he wasn't a good dancer. :lol I contacted Hot Toys & they sent me a left foot for him, so it's all good.

Back