HOT TOYS "AVP" FIGURES - Give Some Love to the Classics!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a question for all of you AvP Predator owners out there, will the AvP bendy hands fit on the P1/Guardian bodies. While I love Gort I don't like the fact that he can only hold his spear in his right hand because the wrist blades kind of get in the way and I'm afraid to break them.

The seller has agreed to refund me. Thank you everyone for all of your help and support!

That's good to hear.

The seller has agreed to refund me. Thank you everyone for all of your help and support!

Nice one. If u want work harder u can get partial refund like Endless suggested and salvage the rest. Get the money to buy another elder :)

Sorry to hear about your purchase. Looks to me like its fallen from some height landed on it's head and SNAP! Just open up a case in Paypal and your done, make sure the seller didn't mention break in their ebay description and you'll be fine.

Hate when this happens, instead of enjoying your purchase your wasting time sorting stuff out with paypal and postal companies, :mad: .... If you can't resolve it with the seller, ensure you give him negative feedback.

Exactly..

I have a question for all of you AvP Predator owners out there, will the AvP bendy hands fit on the P1/Guardian bodies. While I love Gort I don't like the fact that he can only hold his spear in his right hand because the wrist blades kind of get in the way and I'm afraid to break them.

Yes that wrist blade for some reason in annoying always on the way lol. But I don't think it has the same peg. But I maybe wrong.

Have a question for the AVP experts out there.

Just wanted to confirm what serial number appears on your Hot Toys AVP Scar boxes, based on Hot Toys website should be MMS09 but there are 3 on ebay at the moment with MMS08 and a few Celtic Predators with MMS09. The boxes seem authentic and reflective but the serial numbers are wrong. Anyone have a Scar MMS08?

Seems like something dodgy is going on again???? :gah:

Hmm...my Scar Predator box says MMS08

Interesting, at the moment I'm putting this down to an error by Hot Toys, to reproduce this box with its reflective surface, and get the size and pictures 100% correct would be a huge task indeed.

I deal abit with printers and know that to re-produce this box would require the same high resolution images they used for the original boxes. Plus special cardboard which wouldn't be cheap, you can't scan these boxes 'cause the reflective surface wont't scan. The only people that could replicate these boxes are employees of Hot Toys with access to the images etc.

I'm also seeing a few Celtic's advertised with MMS09 on there, according to Hot Toys should be MMS08. Geez can't win with these things....:thud:

These are all legit boxes too, came straight from SSC or Alter Ego when the figures were first released.
2yumxjp.jpg

2r4mv4i.jpg

nytp9w.jpg

My avp spear arived today with one of the spear heads broken of... But i think i can glue it once i can get the retractible part out it attaches to, any advice guys?

I just had the same thing happen to my Machiko's spear. To fix it I took a hand drill (the one Games Workshop sells) and with the smallest drill bit drilled a hole in both the shaft and spear head. I then took a paper clip and cut a short section of it to strengthen the join and just glued it together.

Lol. Mate that sounds complicated, i just sanded down a match, put a tiny drop of glue on it, stuck it in the tiny hole housing the retractible piece, waited for it 2 dry and then just pulled the retractible piece out, im about to glue the spear tip on now after i remove the match glued 2 it atm. The key is 2 use as little glue as possible :) spear will be as good as new in a few minutes.

You said it. Funny thing is my Guardian Predator did the same thing a couple months later and the only thing that broke was his spear.

Back